Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Just a note to say thank you for all the information on this forum. I had a bunch of questions and this forum really came through! We checked out the gallery and WOW what a bunch of beauty's! On 2-16-05 we purchased a new 04 silver SSR WITH 253 miles on it. By the info here it is #2240. Options are the cargo net crossbar package, Customized Floor Mats, Wood Trim, Aux Gauge Pack, 1SB Package,Running Boards, Tow Package, Undercoated and Rustproofed. WE LOVE IT!!! Even drove it with the top down in 18 degree weather LOL. Anyway Thanks to all that post here.
Gary & Susan Wright
Decatur, Illinois
2004 Chevrolet SSR
2004 Mercedes SLK 230
1941 Willys Coupe (Drag Car)

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome to the SSR owners club! You will find our group to be tons of fun and a great source of help and information too.

BTW: Your color choice is right on!
:thumbs

·
Registered
413 Posts
yours must be 12240 2240 would be an 03 enjoy the ssr you will love it

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Only a true Fanatic would drive with the top down in 18 degree weather. Welcome to our family, you will fit right in. Happy Crusin'

·
0 Posts
Newbie Here Too Got Mine Thursaday

Got a 2004 Ultra Violet with all the options, but the gauage package..I want that too now. Mine was born on 04/04 Vin # 8025.
So far two minor problems:
1. When the drivers window goes up at the top folds the weather stripping under.

2. The hood fell while on that skinny rod and bent the rod.

ok 3 and 4

3.Bed leaked in the rear left corner.

4.Fan blower noise on postion 2

BUT - I LOVE HER

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dohyatt said:
yours must be 12240 2240 would be an 03 enjoy the ssr you will love it
I have the Factory build sheet, Build date 6-30-04 and the last 6 numbers of vin are 112240 is my info wrong?
Gary & Susan Wright
Decatur, Illinois
2004 Chevrolet SSR
2004 Mercedes SLK 230

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
41willysracer said:
I have the Factory build sheet, Build date 6-30-04 and the last 6 numbers of vin are 112240 is my info wrong?
Gary & Susan Wright
Decatur, Illinois
2004 Chevrolet SSR
2004 Mercedes SLK 230
Your VIN# should be 12240

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I see what your talkin about now on the vin #. My error. :thumbs
As for where can i get mine willy? I don't know, my dealer gave it to me with my all the paperwork said I might like to have this.
Thanks
Gary & Susan Wright
Decatur, Illinois
2004 Chevrolet SSR
2004 Mercedes SLK 230

·
Registered
89 Posts
New member and recent buyer

Bought my 04 Slingshot Yellow 12215 12/15/04, it's fully optioned including gauge pack except no chrome wheels. All cargo options/stereo/cab etc and as noted elsewhere, dealer included full display. I also have tried it out topdown subfreezing, 20F is ok for awhile and last week I got to try 50F which was much nicer. She now has 10095 on the clock, 32 from dealer and we've enjoyed all 10063. Joined today.

This is a very cool ride, I have one complaint, the gauge pack makes the ashtray unusable. I suppose that's quibbling, except I do smoke.

Parked right in front of the SSR is my 62 ChevyII, which I built, and I'll be darned if I could choose which is cooler. 62 is considerably faster (12.75) and can outcorner, but, for a production vehicle, wow.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
chuckbutcher said:
Bought my 04 Slingshot Yellow 12215 12/15/04, it's fully optioned including gauge pack except no chrome wheels. All cargo options/stereo/cab etc and as noted elsewhere, dealer included full display. I also have tried it out topdown subfreezing, 20F is ok for awhile and last week I got to try 50F which was much nicer. She now has 10095 on the clock, 32 from dealer and we've enjoyed all 10063. Joined today.

This is a very cool ride, I have one complaint, the gauge pack makes the ashtray unusable. I suppose that's quibbling, except I do smoke.

Parked right in front of the SSR is my 62 ChevyII, which I built, and I'll be darned if I could choose which is cooler. 62 is considerably faster (12.75) and can outcorner, but, for a production vehicle, wow.
Man you have been busy driving! I would say you love it!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I thought that looked wrong when I typed it, 1095mi. I don't like it that darn much, well, I do, but I don't have that kind of time. Besides, I've put about 100 of those miles on it, the rest are wife's.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Too much padding

chuckbutcher said:
... This is a very cool ride, I have one complaint, the gauge pack makes the ashtray unusable. I suppose that's quibbling, except I do smoke.

Parked right in front of the SSR is my 62 ChevyII, which I built, and I'll be darned if I could choose which is cooler. 62 is considerably faster (12.75) and can out corner, but, for a production vehicle, wow.
Hi Chuck,
I would suspect that who ever put in your gauge package failed to remove enough of the padding to allow for a lower sitting gauge.

Check one of the threads below:

Gauge Package Issues:

Ps I had a 63 Chevy II with a straight axle! It sure was a fun vehicle! :thumbs

1 - 19 of 19 Posts