Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say hello. I'm John, from Crossville, TN. My wife Sheila and I made an even swap with our Harley for a 2004 Redline with 25k on the odometer a little over two weeks ago. I've been doing a lot of research here since we got it and just joined yesterday. We've put about 500 miles on the SSR and are really enjoying it. The weather has sucked lately on the days we've been free to take it out so it's mostly been sitting in the garage. It's been very well maintained and looks like it's never seen rain, and it's going to stay that way. I've already purchased the shifter cable kit, ignition switch, and ABS heat shield from Mike at Simple Engineering. Just waiting for a good time to install everything. We know of three other SSR's here in town, a yellow one, a silver one, and another red one. We just don't know who the owners are yet. The silver one was sold at the local Chevy dealership here in town a few months ago. It caught my wife's attention as she's always liked SSR's. It sold before we were ready to do anything. But that started the ball rolling and here I am today. We feel we were very lucky to find ours when we did. Anyway, like I said, we are really enjoying our SSR and hope to do a few things to it. Maybe pump up the hp a little in the 5.3, install the chassis bracing, and a few other things. So, with that, I'm sure I'll be here often.

·
Premium Member
6,653 Posts
Welcome from Middle Tennessee. Murfreesboro to be exact. Sorry I didn't see this before. There are several SSR owners in Murfreesboro. Myself, 05Redline, Tn Cozydog-05 Redline, GoDaddy-04 Silver, Hd2hvit-03 Original owner lives in Lebanon. Chad GoDaddy's son 06 FPR lives in McMinnville. We get together and go for a day or afternoon Cruz. Been to Crossville few times. Send a PM if want to meet some Sunday.

·
Ret. Air Force
3,724 Posts
Welcome to the family @safecracker from Middle Georgia, and congrats on your purchase!!

Lots of great rally opportunities this year...

...Hope to see you down the road soon.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Welcome from Southeast Texas!
Great color.
No driving in the rain limits the opportunities for a great time... but, hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.
:ssr
Brian

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,518 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!!

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,765 Posts
safecracker, John and Sheila--- A late WELCOME from Forney Texas!! Like SWT RYD said, sorry we missed you in October!!

Nick

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
48,535 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
welcome from Athens Al. This is a great family to be part of. Jump in and enjoy the truck and the SSR Fanatics!

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
Welcome from So Cal.
You have come to the right place for all things SSR, Great info, Great people, and Great trucks.
To top it all off you got the best color Redline Red, because Red turns heads.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Hello safecracker
Welcome to the forum,

last year i was in Pigeon Forge TN at the 35 shadow from the past. The biggest US car meeting I've ever experienced.

Roman

·
Daily Driver
8,967 Posts
Safecracker, it sounds like you're off to a good start, welcome.

·
Premium Member
39,790 Posts
Welcome from Canada! :cheers

Congrats on your new SSR :ssr:thumbs

enjoy the permagrin!

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome from Birmingham,Al. Just drove down to sunny Daytona for the biggest car show at the Daytona Speedway. The Turkey Run. And yes the tops down

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,806 Posts
Welcome from Cincinnati! I bet your glad you waited till the red one came along! Makes for bigger permagrins!

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,527 Posts
Welcome from St Louis. And a little rain won't hurt them. Its just like washing them except less work on your self.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts