Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
BlueStreak
26,925 Posts
finally someone with some common sense......

congrads Dwight ...you will make a good one....
Not sure I have any more common sense than any others who have served in this position, but I know I have to learn a lot about the behind the scenes here since I am not a computer wiz in anyone's imagination.

I will do my best to help make this an enjoyable place for all to visit, while doing my best to enforce those rules we have agreed to live by.

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,334 Posts
GREAT choice for a moderator!

(now if he had a :purple: instead of a :blue: he would be a PERFECT choice!) >:)

Congrats!

Bob :purple:

·
SSR Overseas, Ireland,
327 Posts
Hi Dwight
Best of luck in new gig.
Tell me:
So is this like being a politician, where you kiss baby's and tell people their wonderful and listen to their grips etc ?
Or is it more like the UN, ( United Nations ) where you try diplomacy for SSR being a super power ?

Never quite sure what the moderators get up to, BUT I bet they are havin a ball !

When I meet up a moderator in person some day they can enlighten me :)

Ireland SSR

·
BlueStreak
26,925 Posts
Hi Dwight
Best of luck in new gig.
Tell me:
So is this like being a politician, where you kiss baby's and tell people their wonderful and listen to their grips etc ?
Or is it more like the UN, ( United Nations ) where you try diplomacy for SSR being a super power ?

Never quite sure what the moderators get up to, BUT I bet they are havin a ball !

When I meet up a moderator in person some day they can enlighten me :)

Ireland SSR
Didn't I read that you were going to be here for something soon? I remember you were trying to rent an SSR for the event I think. Maybe I will be in the area, refresh my memory please. I am still learning what it is to be a moderator. They ask if you want the job, before they tell you what you will be doing. I said yes so that give you an idea of how smart I am in reality.:puzzled: So far all I have done is help ban the SPAMMERs!

·
SSR Overseas, Ireland,
327 Posts
Hi Dwight

Just pulling your leg !

Yes I am going state side this weekend to Chicago and will be catching up with Bob & Jan (tennessecozydog ) for the Springfield mother road route 66 festival later next week!
Really looking forward to it . I think he has rounded up 20 plus SSR for the meet, which I think is great. This will be my first Proper SSR event so am glad that I can get to meet up with some like minded folk. I believe that you have some huge gatherings in the states and these could a bit overpowering for a newbie. SSR fanatics community has been great to me.

Yip could not locate a SSR to rent but have got my hands on a Camaro SS, not as cool as SSR, but hey life is tough !!! It will just have to make do.

Now my geography is a bit sketchy for states, bear in mind I live on an island 200 x 300 miles so am not sure if you are anyway close to Springfield Illinois ?

If so it would be great to catch up
Ireland SSR

·
BlueStreak
26,925 Posts
Hi Dwight

Just pulling your leg !

Yes I am going state side this weekend to Chicago and will be catching up with Bob & Jan (tennessecozydog ) for the Springfield mother road route 66 festival later next week!
Really looking forward to it . I think he has rounded up 20 plus SSR for the meet, which I think is great. This will be my first Proper SSR event so am glad that I can get to meet up with some like minded folk. I believe that you have some huge gatherings in the states and these could a bit overpowering for a newbie. SSR fanatics community has been great to me.

Yip could not locate a SSR to rent but have got my hands on a Camaro SS, not as cool as SSR, but hey life is tough !!! It will just have to make do.

Now my geography is a bit sketchy for states, bear in mind I live on an island 200 x 300 miles so am not sure if you are anyway close to Springfield Illinois ?

If so it would be great to catch up
Ireland SSR
Not anywhere near Chicago, though I was at the 2015 International Rally. Closest I will be is the C/CB tour in PA a few weeks later. Guess we will have to soot for another event. I am sure you will have a good time with the gang in IL though.
PS: I live in CA which is the other end of Route 66

21 - 40 of 61 Posts