Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a new muffler on my SSR. It's called the SBD Muffler (Silent But Deadly). It's a polished stainless steel mufler with a 12v. motor driven baffle. With the baffle closed it is very quiet, but with the baffle open it has a very loud, throaty roar. You can go to my new web page to see a pic and listen to a sound clip. When you get to my web page, just click on 'SBD Muffler' on the tool bar and it will take you to the page with the pic and the sound clip. The sound clip takes a little bit to load so be patient. I got the last one he had, but he's expecting more sometime around the middle of December. While you're there, sign my guest book. My URL is: http://mysite.verizon.net/res088se/

·
Registered
43 Posts
Lloyd, I thought you were quite pleased with the
"Special" one you had when I met you at Corona. This one sounds Neat. Now you can sneak back into the garage without being missed. If you don't my asking, how much was it?
I sure am happy with my Magnaflow cat backs with 18" flow through.
"Scotty"
BLURSSR

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mounted the switch in the side of the console I built a while back for my XM radio. The price has not been finalized yet, but I will let you know as soon as it is. I don't have anything to do with the sale or manufacture of them. My SSR is just being used to test it.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
This is COOL :thumbs Something else I want and really don't need :reddevil

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Cool idea.....

But I can't think of a reason I'd want mine to ever be quiet :lol Flowmaster 40 cat back, open all the time :cool

·
Registered
253 Posts
WOW! Glad I don't have the Flowmasters on yet. Going to be a tough decission now. Ya have to let us know the details when these are ready for production. :thumbs

Do you have one or two of these mounted or is there a cross over Y pipe? More details please.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i was just thinking of the old style exhaust where you unbolt the cap and dump it out at the end of the headers. This sounds like the perfect solution. I will be interested to know the price and where I can get them. It sure beats crawling under the car for the friday night races.

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HD-Fatboy said:
WOW! Glad I don't have the Flowmasters on yet. Going to be a tough decission now. Ya have to let us know the details when these are ready for production. :thumbs

Do you have one or two of these mounted or is there a cross over Y pipe? More details please.
I just have one. I just replaced the stock muffler with the new one, but I am thinking that I might do two later with an X pipe. I talked to the manufacturer yesterday, and he is thinking of having a dual wiring harness made up, so you can operate two of them with one switch. It really sounds good when you get on it with the top down, but with the baffle open and the top up you get a lot of resonance in the cab. It's nice to be able to close the baffle, and then it is nice and quiet in the cab.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Mufflers sound cool....:thumbs

RickSSR :cool

R

·
0 Posts
Listened to your muffler on your site. Sound great !
I really like that you can switch between loud and quiet.

I have tried an DMH electric cut-out switch but it did not sound good. Did not sound like headers, it was just loud. When it was closed, it still leaked.

Where can I buy your muffler and how much is it?

How hard was it to install?

Thanks -

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
That sounds pretty good! Would be nice to hear how it would sound driving down the highway or as it winds down coming to a stop.

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
richzx11 said:
Listened to your muffler on your site. Sound great !
I really like that you can switch between loud and quiet.

I have tried an DMH electric cut-out switch but it did not sound good. Did not sound like headers, it was just loud. When it was closed, it still leaked.

Where can I buy your muffler and how much is it?

How hard was it to install?

Thanks -
The mufflers should be available in mid to late Dec. I can't give any more info on the post, but if you are interested, PM me and I will give you the price. I paid $100.00 for install, and the guy did a really nice job. He cut the pipe about 3" behind the stock muffler and unbolted it from the flange. He then used a new flange and ran new pipe back to the new muffler and clamped it to the existing pipe where he cut it off. That way if I ever want to change it back, it's a real easy job.
Like I said earlier in this thread, I'm not making any money off the mufflers, and I have nothing to do with the shop. The person selling them just wants to make sure he has them in stock and ready to ship so there are no problems.

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
2005SSR6Speed said:
Sounds like a neat alternative to dump pipes like the old days when you had to unbolt the caps.
I used a Y-pipe with a lever on it........Then got stupid and crazy and put a steam train whistle on the dumped end.........2 am in the morning ....screaming thru town..3rd gear ......and all hell breaken loose.........We got in SO much trouble, but I'd do it again, but the steam whistle's are very expensive ! :reddevil

1 - 19 of 19 Posts