• Yes depends on cost

Votes: 76 25.7%
  • I like the hard side saddle bags only

Votes: 25 8.4%
  • I prefer something different

Votes: 10 3.4%
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Soft Side Cargo Bags:

I've found the original manufacturer and am twisting an arm for a quote on 50 sets.

Will advise when I know more.

Mike
Mike:

If this winds up being a "go", please inform them of the warping probelm which is inherent in the original design of the bags. Hopefully they could make a modification to reinforce the outside edge of the bags, so that the fanatics do have to wind up doing that fix on there own.

Alex

Mike:

If this winds up being a "go", please inform them of the warping probelm which is inherent in the original design of the bags. Hopefully they could make a modification to reinforce the outside edge of the bags, so that the fanatics do have to wind up doing that fix on there own.

Alex
I actually have sent them my unopened set of bags, still in the box. The reason that they warp is the way they were built and packaged. I've already asked for some "product improvement" in that area. Thay have a sample of their original design in hand and I hope they can make a simple fix with just a materials change.

We'll wait and see.

Thanks for the input Alex. It's always good to hear from you.

Mike

My cargo bags were warped too but when ya fill them up with various items seems to pretty much take care of that.

Rear Bag

I have the soft side bags with the "Alex" repair kit. Thanks, Alex... I'm 6 ft 1in, but they can be a little tough to reach. Kim has a really tough time, without rubbing the top of the tailgate. I don't know the exact name, but I'd really like to see the soft bag that fits between the side bags, reproduced.
David aka SSRHEARTBEAT

I was just able to get a set of the soft side bags for $125 from the dealer. I saw the "sag", but I think I can easily fix it. If I come up with one, I will post it for all.
Some one has already found a fix....do a search. :)

Very Interested in Soft Bags

I tried to order a set of soft side bags recently from the dealer. He thought he was going to be able to get them, but they have never come in. I had heard they were discontinued. If someone comes up with a way to order them, I would be very interested if the cost is reasonable. I have a set of the hard side bags, we leave the tops off, but they take up so much room you can't get much else in the back. Sometimes we take one out, but that is a lot of trouble. I know we are probably lazy, but what can I say.

soft bags

I am working with the orginal vendor who made the soft bags for the ssr, who is in ca. I takes time to get the part relicensed with gm since ASC left a bad taste in the suppliers for not paying the bills, this is what happened on the roof modules, GM finaly paid off the vendor to get them remade.

I am working with the orginal vendor who made the soft bags for the ssr, who is in ca. I takes time to get the part relicensed with gm since ASC left a bad taste in the suppliers for not paying the bills, this is what happened on the roof modules, GM finaly paid off the vendor to get them remade.
You have some very interesting information....

Maybe you and Marc NY could get together and help us here understand which parts may be coming back into stock and which parts we may have to scrounge for or get made by someone else (if even possible). It would be nice not to have duplicate efforts going on, etc., etc.

Thanks.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
You have some very interesting information....

Maybe you and Marc NY could get together and help us here understand which parts may be coming back into stock and which parts we may have to scrounge for or get made by someone else (if even possible). It would be nice not to have duplicate efforts going on, etc., etc.

Thanks.
John I can only tell you what I happen to hear from time to time. I don't have any new news of late on any new official part vendors whom GM might be working with. All I can say is that I know they are looking for and working with new vendors all the time.

Well fanatics I think it is time once again to try to get another new GM OEM Vendor to step up to the plate, right? We have just seen that happen with the GM Windbreaks, so do you think we need another Vendor to step up and retool and start to remake those great soft side saddle bags for our members again??? What do you think?

Just take a look at what one eBay-er is already getting bids on and there are still more than 2 + days left to bid! $930.00 :eek

eBay Soft Bags Link
WELL SSR FANATICS, I BECAME THE USA VENDOR FOR THE SOFT SADDLE BAGS AND SOFT CONTAINER FOR THE REAR OF THE SSR TODAY. HOW DO I LIST THESE ITEMS ON THIS SITE. I AM TRYING TO SEE HOW MUCH INTEREST IN THE SOFT BAGS ARE OUT THERE. THE GM NUMBER OF 17800248 CAME AS ONE BAG. THE PARTS BOOK LISTED THEM THAT 2 WOULD COME IN THE BOX AND BE BILLED FOR TWO OF THEM. I WILL BE SELLING THESE TO THE MEMBERS FOR 275.00 PER PAIR PLUS FREIGHT FROM TOLEDO, OH. IT WILL TAKE ABOUT 45-60 DAYS FOR THE FIRST SETS TO ARRIVE. I PLAN TO ORDER 200 SET AT THE BEGINNING. I WILL BE LISTING THESE ALSO ON EBAY FOR 395.00 PLUS FREIGHT. SO IF THERE IS ANY INTEREST , DROP A LINE HERE. I DO HAVE GREAT PRICE ON HITCHES WITH THE 3 KEYS AND THE NON LITE SUNSCREENS.

Cargo bag

WELL SSR FANATICS, I BECAME THE USA VENDOR FOR THE SOFT SADDLE BAGS AND SOFT CONTAINER FOR THE REAR OF THE SSR TODAY. HOW DO I LIST THESE ITEMS ON THIS SITE. I AM TRYING TO SEE HOW MUCH INTEREST IN THE SOFT BAGS ARE OUT THERE. THE GM NUMBER OF 17800248 CAME AS ONE BAG. THE PARTS BOOK LISTED THEM THAT 2 WOULD COME IN THE BOX AND BE BILLED FOR TWO OF THEM. I WILL BE SELLING THESE TO THE MEMBERS FOR 275.00 PER PAIR PLUS FREIGHT FROM TOLEDO, OH. IT WILL TAKE ABOUT 45-60 DAYS FOR THE FIRST SETS TO ARRIVE. I PLAN TO ORDER 200 SET AT THE BEGINNING. I WILL BE LISTING THESE ALSO ON EBAY FOR 395.00 PLUS FREIGHT. SO IF THERE IS ANY INTEREST , DROP A LINE HERE. I DO HAVE GREAT PRICE ON HITCHES WITH THE 3 KEYS AND THE NON LITE SUNSCREENS.
What about the cargo bag...soft bag that goes across the rear bed? Are you checking in to having that made as well and how much? Very interested in that at a reasonable price.

:cheers :ssr

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.