• Original Owner

Votes: 238 44.4%
  • I’m the 2nd Owner

Votes: 248 46.3%
  • I’m the 3rd Owner

Votes: 30 5.6%
  • I’m the 4th Owner

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • I’m not the original owner & not sure where I’d fall into this poll.

Votes: 16 3.0%
41 - 60 of 94 Posts
I'm the second owner of mine. I bought it from a dealer in Texas through eBay. He got it after GM took it back under the "lemon law". The first owner got out from under it complaining about a top leak. I picked it up in Oklahoma City, OK at the airport (the dealer brought it up there for me). I drove it home (1000+ miles) and immediately took it to a high pressure (no contact) car wash to check out the top leak. I got one little trickle down the passenger's window. I thought, "If that is what the guy was worried about, he better NEVER buy a convertible!" Every one I've owned before would let water in all over and even blow snow inside between the top and windshield! :glol

Charlie®

:yellow:

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

Second owner, I purchased my SSR from the from the original owner who lives in TN. He was selling it because he need money to build and new building for his company. He has a small trucking company. I still talk with him and have sent him pictures of my improvements. He really did not want to sell it, but business is business. It had 8600 when I purchased it three years ago and it had 10700 on it now.

I have the same story.......except I had the top down and it was snowing when I left the dealer (no really) :lurk
7 Miles on the odometer when I drove "Little Wing" off the lot. Had the sales guy with me - he wouldn't let me just drive away, made me 'test drive' it first...

Not actually snowing, but it was cold enough to, and had been snowing earlier...

During the test drive - a semi coming at us lost a chunk of ice/snow from the trailer - it was like slow motion as that object came off the truck and headed right at my SSR. I don't think it could have it more dead center in the windshield. Fortunately, the object was fairly slushy and just kinda smushed as it hit the windshield.

I don't know who looked more shocked - the sales guy or me... :)

Poll, has me tied up...

We've got One of One and Two of Another. :)

Poll wants me to decide which one to list.

Is there a means to poll more than once or list 3 at the same time?

We've got One of One and Two of Another. :)

Poll wants me to decide which one to list.

Is there a means to poll more than once or list 3 at the same time?

Nevermind...Let me answer myself. Poll shows ending on 09-03-09, a few days ago.:lol

Thats what happens, when you stay off the site a couple weeks at a time...:glol

Second owner. Some guy in Tallahassee, FL made the decision to trade in this fine ride. His loss...my gain. :)

I guess with all my ranting :cry - I forgot to say that I was the second owner. The first owner was from Buckeye, AZ - and I found a doctor's card in the vehicle when I first got it :skep - so suspect that may have been the first owner. I saw one other AquaBlur in 2005 at a dealer in Richmond, Virginia - and had regretted not buying that one then - but I too was too poor to pay $46K for it new. I've got it now and with a lot of care and feeding - it should be with us forever. Got my first appointment with Mike in AZ next month - let the improvements begin! ;)

I'm the second owner. My 2006 was first purchased in Issaquah, WA on June 30, 2006. I found her at a Chevy dealership in Sacramento, CA on June 18, 2009. With only 10k miles, the minute I saw it I knew I had to have it. I have been a very happy SSR owner since then.

AquaBlur

I guess with all my ranting :cry - I forgot to say that I was the second owner. The first owner was from Buckeye, AZ - and I found a doctor's card in the vehicle when I first got it :skep - so suspect that may have been the first owner. I saw one other AquaBlur in 2005 at a dealer in Richmond, Virginia - and had regretted not buying that one then - but I too was too poor to pay $46K for it new. I've got it now and with a lot of care and feeding - it should be with us forever. Got my first appointment with Mike in AZ next month - let the improvements begin! ;)
If you dont have an All American SSR Blur t shirt, I have 5 left, 2 mediums, 1 x large and 2 2x large $17 plus $5 shipping

me first to enjoy this one

Original owner. :blur:. :)

Ordered without seeing one. Had stumbled on to this site from the Corvette site. Hot Rod Girl was posting some fantastic and enthusiastic stories about the SSR. I order ed one and when it came to the Dealer...I could hardly breathe when I saw it. Kinda funny that I ordered Pacific Blue :blue:but the SSR was delivered as Aqua Blur. :blur: I used that to haggle the dealer down about $8k as I pretended to be mad and left. :smash 3 days later he broke and the deal was made. I really prefer the Aqua Blur and Love the way it changes color in the Florida sun with all that Gold metalflake it really stands out. :tongue
3 years and 4 months of outstanding Fanatic enjoyment.

Driving Daytona International Speedway. :D :D

I am a newbie

I am new to this site and also to my 2004 Red SSR. I had always liked thes vehicles and since I am a car nut I decide to look for one. I found mine with only 12K miles and in unbelivable condition about 100 miles away. I bought it from a dealership who told me the previous owner passed away. I would love to thank him for all the upgrading and changes he made. The truck is beautiful. It looks great next to my Red 1957 Pontiac Chieftian in my garage.

We ar the original owner of our 04 SSR. Purchased it new off the show room floor in August 2005. We have just over 8000 miles on it now. Have not been able to drive it much for the past year due to health problems in the family.

I think there should be a "Second+ Owner's Club"...

I bought mine "new" from a dealer in Arizona (Freeway Chevrolet), but it was "owned" by GM, Chevrolet Western Division, as it was a show car. My well optioned SSR had only 91 miles on it!

41 - 60 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.