• Original Owner

Votes: 238 44.4%
  • I’m the 2nd Owner

Votes: 248 46.3%
  • I’m the 3rd Owner

Votes: 30 5.6%
  • I’m the 4th Owner

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • I’m not the original owner & not sure where I’d fall into this poll.

Votes: 16 3.0%
81 - 94 of 94 Posts
4th Owner

Im the 4th owner believe it. One owner owned it originally for 4 years, 2nd owner owned for 5 days, 3rd owner for 17 days. 24,000 on 04 red, really cherry, truck sat in dealer for over 3 months. Hard to believe, they delivered it to my house 500 miles and took my Jeep Liberty in trade. Saved $ on saved taxes in NV. Going to laughlin on the 29th.:ssr:ssr:ssr:ssr:ssr

3rd owener i just bought mine from a randy jones in knoxville tenn. he bought it when it had about 1000 miles on it from some dealer in philly. it now has 23000 on it .i plan to be the last owner, the grand kids will have to fight over it someday. i've wanted one since dayone but was just a little bit out of myprice range ,with kids college and various extra expenses. but i finally found my deal on auto trader . shes slingshot yellow 2003,treasure i can't wait for the winter weather to break so i can really drive her. the trip home from knoxville was so great i even was able to put thetop down for about 1 hour ,man did i turn heads on I 24. i will drive as much as i want to ,just keep her out of the salt and snow here in ILL

3rd owener i just bought mine from a randy jones in knoxville tenn. he bought it when it had about 1000 miles on it from some dealer in philly. it now has 23000 on it .i plan to be the last owner, the grand kids will have to fight over it someday. i've wanted one since dayone but was just a little bit out of myprice range ,with kids college and various extra expenses. but i finally found my deal on auto trader . shes slingshot yellow 2003,treasure i can't wait for the winter weather to break so i can really drive her. the trip home from knoxville was so great i even was able to put thetop down for about 1 hour ,man did i turn heads on I 24. i will drive as much as i want to ,just keep her out of the salt and snow here in ILL
Welcome to the Fanatics RodgerDoger from New Mexico

Phantom guy

I too was to poor to buy new, but found a great deal on a beautiful black one locally. It only had 4800 miles on it when I bought it. I 've had it about three months now and put about 1100 ear to ear miles on it. :)

I am the 4th owner of my '03 Redline. Loved the SSR since it first came out, but could not afford one 'till now. Got mine about 2 weeks ago with 50K mles on it. Strange little story about this truck...It was owned by the local chevy dealer for about 4 years. He and his wife got divorced, she got the truck in the divorce (2nd owner). She had it about 30 months, and gave it to her daughter (3 rd owner). She had it for about 3 months and didn't like it 'cause it was a truck. She took it back to her dad (the owner of the local chevy dealership) and swapped it for a Vette. Now this little SSR has been family owned since new and mantained at the dealership. I have all service records and repair records......I bought it for $17K.....It is like new in everyway, except strangely enough...the dash ac vents had all the horizontal parts removed, was able to find 4 new ones from Floyd here on the forum. The other, the tire patch and inflation kit had been removed and replaced with a SSR tire and wheel, also found a kit through someone here on the forum. This truck looks like it just rolled off the line....Just goes to show you if ya wait long enough you can find that great deal. OBTW, My wife has a Chevy HHR, same color....they look great parked together in the garage.

Third Owner...

Well, today (March 1, 2010) was the day that a year or so of discussions finally closed... The Smokin' Asphalt 2004 SSR has found its third home.

It was originally sold by Humberview Chev Olds in Etobicoke (Toronto to those of you from outside Ontario...). My mother-in-law purchased it in January of 2005 with 6,122km on it from Leggat Chevrolet, also in Etobicoke, as a gift for my father-in-law. My father-in-law drove it for 3 years, until he passed away in 2008. I drove it for the summer of 2008, then polished it and put it away for my mother-in-law to sell.

Selling the SSR was a frustrating, emotional experience for her. Too many emotions were bundled into the little truck... I had always expressed an interest, but just couldn't swing the finances. But, what's money for anyway?!? Well, she made us an offer we couldn't refuse, so we didn't!!!

Can't wait for the nice weather to arrive so we can start permagrinnin'... Looks like nice weather this week, so I'll have to take it out for its E-test and certification, then I'll put it away for another month or so :cry Then there's the Ministry to deal with over the personalized plates :banghead

3rd owner, on a technicality...

Technically speaking, I'm the third owner... but I'm not sure the first one even counts; he brought it back to the dealer compaining that the heated seats didn't work, didn't even want to wait for a repair and traded for a cadillac suv.

2nd owner loved it and made some real nice modifications while racking up 40 thousand miles in the Florida sun. He needed to downsize and so put it up on ebay for me to find. He said he needed to heavily sedate the Slingshot (made even 'more' yellow by constant exposure to the sun) when it was told that its new home would be in the 'great white north' (relatively speaking). I made the committment to purchase it in October '09, but the seller understood that I needed to turn in my lease vehicle before being able to divert the cash for the full purchase.

I took delivery on the Friday of my birthday weekend, 2/26/10, (really just a week ago!?) and drove her to an awesome Fanatic gathering in Kissimmee, then on home to Michigan. I had some really nice hilly switchback sections to throw her into while coming through North Carolina! Anyway, since it's still kinda chilly here, I put her in the warm service bay of my local speed shop to get tuned up and ready for the official spring unveiling to my friends & family. My 9-year-old is in love with it, is the only one who's ridden in it with me, and can't wait for me to get it back. He has a picture of it as his phone backdrop that he shows all his friends. It's really fun to be a 'cool' dad! :):)

81 - 94 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.