Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
High Plains Roadster
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all...

Bought my 2005 SSR last Friday and couldn't be happier about it. My wife likes it almost as much as I - she loves the looks and the convertible and I am crazy about it all.

It is an automatic in Ricochet Silver and has about 37k miles on it. We live on the high plains (Cheyenne Wyoming) and these vehicles are perfect for these wide open spaces!! At my age, I have had a good number of vehicles but this has got to be my dream car, no, it is better than just a car or truck!

Besides my wife's 2012 Xterra (also silver) we have a 1949 Ford 4-door sedan with a flathead V8 that I work on and drive around. When I can, I will post some pix of the SSR but I just had some hand surgery so typing is tedious and taking pictures harder.

Soon, I will start to ask my share of lame questions and I am sure all you experienced folks will straighten me out.

:silver:

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
6,669 Posts
KJA, Congratulations on y'alls Ricochet! Before you start asking questions----Welcome from Forney Texas!!! you are on the BEST FORUM ever!! BUT-----Go to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick

·
Spirited driver!
2006 3SS
2,030 Posts
Welcome from Northern California. Ask all the questions you like. That is how we all learn how to keep these awesome rides rolling.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,455 Posts
Welcome from one of the SoCal Nuts. I know you will enjoy your new truck. Please fill in the Profile as suggested above so we can help you without repeating the same questions along the way.
I spent some time in Southern Wyoming in my youth (Savery was where the ranch was) helping to herd sheep on the Little Snake on the Co/WY state line in the national forest. That summer is probably the most fun I had in the northern states until I drove across Wyoming in my SSR.I agree that it is a great vehicle for your state. Hope to meet you down the road.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,959 Posts
A big hearty welcome from sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.