Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner of an 05 SSR and live in Seattle, WA. Not many SSR's up here, so I need to ask you guys (and ladies) how I might best determin which dealership to take my SSR for service.

I bought it from back east, so I have no history or attachment to a local dealership. I still have about 2 1/2 yrs of warranty. It has 664 miles.

So, a few questions:

1. Are there questions to ask the dealership that would shed light on which dealership to choose? Experience of workers, workers who own SSRs, creditentials etc.

2. My SSR is about to arrive. It has been generally sitting for the past couple months. Upon arrival next week what service should I have done to start my ownership off on the right foot?

3. Should I invest in an extended warranty?

4. How should I drive it for the first 1,000 or 2,000 miles?

Any and all help would be welcome - or if you could direct me to any other posts already answering these kind of questions.

Thanks.
Bob

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Welcome
to the Fanatic's:ssr try Barry Chevrolet,Chrysler,Dodghe,Jeep
548 S. Basin
Ephrata, WA. 98823
( 509-754-2411 )
drive it another 3 or 4 hundered miles then change oil, and now drive it like you stold it!!:leaving

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I would ask the dealer if any of the Techs have been to Training for the SSR!
Also ask how many they worked on and for what!? There are a few things they should have done on other SSR's by now, Window Alingment, Fan replacement, radio reception, door handles and Drive shaft tink.

Ask them if they know what type of oil to use?

I would do a search for the TSB's for reference.
Read your manual, it has helpful info.
Congrats!!!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I've found that Dealerships are all different in their customer service attitudes and SSR knowledge and expertise. You have to find one (Trial&Error) that WANTS to serve your SSR needs. GET THAT extended Warrenty unless you're rich. Mine would have broke me a long time ago without it!

Best, most fun truck or car I ever Drove!

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts