Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the SSR it's great! having a problem with roof ajar message any help would be appreciated. I have look through the forums and have not found a solution yet.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Puh Leeze, all new members list your Home 20 or at least the city or town you live in. For instance if you live in the Clearwater, Florida area or Phoenix area HELP is "just around the corner"

GaryHouston :00000732: :00000732: :00000732: and CONGRATULATIONS on your "NEW" to you ride. tennesseecozydog :ssr

ATTENTION SSRfanatics ... This is NOT an April Fool's Joke !!!

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Hello GaryHuston.

Congratulations on the new ride and welcome to the best forum, can you describe your roof problem in more detail?
I am sure you will find great help here.

Happy easter from Germany

Roman

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,275 Posts
I am assuming by your site name that you may be in Houston, or that could be your last name. If in Houston, whereabouts? If nearby, we may be able to help locally to take a look at your roof issues.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,377 Posts
GaryHouston, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! you have found the BEST FORUM ever! BUT-----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,047 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well more words on my roof ajar message. It appears when the roof is open or closed. I have fooled with the fuses but no change. Had a visual check of the linkage under the tonneau cover all looks in order. I only get one chime not two on closing or opening. Not much else to say.

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
So it opens and closes with no problem, except you're getting a roof ajar message in both positions. Is that right?

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,477 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
LKMURKY
448 Posts
Just bought the SSR it's great! having a problem with roof ajar message any help would be appreciated. I have look through the forums and have not found a solution yet.
Since it is still April First, I vote for
Option 1: Convertible Top tool
Option 2: Check to make sure the roof is closed, use a hose to check for leaks. If it runs over the top of the windows, you probably have a serious issue.
Option 3: Can Opener.

Oh Heck, I dunno & I'm out of Jokes. (Don't use option three, please, and if you do, my real name is Doophus, Don't forget to tell your Lawyer that Yellow is the Fastest, I swear.)
((Except for my Blur which is so much faster than the yellow one it is scary . . ., but Don't tell Doophus, it will break his yellow heart))

You made a great choice, there is a fanatic somewhere in your neighborhood that will probably call you on the phone or show up at your house to help with issues small or large. Put your contact info in your profile and someone will track you down.
Welcome to the SSR Fanatic Family, you will be glad you are here.

Cary & Jeri Palmer
Lake Murray,SC
04:yellow:
06:blur:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,389 Posts
Sounds like the micro switch is dirty. I would suggest you go to the OFF topic section and get some cheat thread posts so you can use the PM feature of this FORUM and contact others in the Houston area who will be more than willing to get together with you and solve this problem. It is rather simole but hard to ex[plain. It is in Dictators OneDrive if you look for it. See Dictator's Post above.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
35,678 Posts
Welcome from Canada! :cheers

Congrats on your new SSR :thumbs

enjoy the permagrin!

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
welcome

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,656 Posts
As explained on HOW TO LIBRARY by Ed Borland it has to do with HES switch.

They are the magnets that detect hydraulic rod position for the RDM.

Most common is at the latching bracket on each side on R.

IF they are too far away from body, they do not send message to RDM.

Thus, "Roof Ajar".

GM's way of display on CID.

Dicktator

1. Magnet/HES on Latch arm, arm may be "pushed" inward to far.
2. Magnets/HES on each cylinder, passengers side only.
3. Some cylinders have Magnet/HES in two positions, OPEN/CLOSED.

Attachments

·
Spirited driver!
1,533 Posts
Check the things that Dicktator listed nad if that does not fix it, look at the thread I did last year: another roof ajar mystery as my Roof Ajar message was caused by a slightly bent switch at the top of the windshield. It was a pretty easy fixed once I figured out what it was. Email me at [email protected] if you need more info.

Lance

1 - 20 of 22 Posts