Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the new owner of a black 04 SSR. A fun little driver. I was looking at either building a V8 S10 or a 68 C10 when I found the SSR for sale. It has all the things I wanted plus more, much easier to insure than the S10 and handles better than the C10 would have. Look forward to enjoying it. Of course already looking at making upgrades to it. I do need to fix what looks to be plastic parts that seem to have been a problem, console door latch, ash tray latch and missing cup holder and coin tray covers. I will add running boards when I find a pair and the missing cup holders.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Hey Stlhotrod :00000732: :00000732: :00000732: is that Stl, St. Louis your home 20 ???. You are now a member of an elite group of SSRfanatics and CONGRATULATIONS on being the new owner of a Smokin' Asphalt 04 SSR. "Git er fixed up" and in the meantime drive her and enjoy your little black truck. Again :00000732: aboard and enjoy all the welcome posts you will be getting from many other SSRfanatics. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Welcome too the Group, from Friendswood, Texas ( also an 04 Smokin Asphalt and new too the Group )
:00000732: to you too "X" since you're new also. Wishing you many safe and enjoyable miles in your 0 Four Smokin' Asphalt !!! tennesseecozydog. :ssr

Oh hell, I've done it again, stolen Stlhotrod's forum or posts to welcome you. The "add mini's" will be after me again for posting this. Bob Alexander Murfreesboro, Tennessee

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,064 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Warm Sturgis South Dakota!!!( It is 11 below zero and snowing right now.)

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Warm Sturgis South Dakota!!!( It is 11 below zero and snowing right now.)
GOOD !!! 15 and the Sun is shining brightly HERE Auggie & Miss Sunshine !!! Electric bill will 250 dollars but ... better than freezin' in a cold house. Gonna get worse in the next 2 or 3 days. 50 in the garage keeping the "little red truck" and the Impala warm.

BREAKING NEWS --- Florida can only accept 3,456 (03,04,05,06) more snow birds without the danger of breaking off and being consumed by the Atlantic & Gulf waters. :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,537 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,588 Posts
WELCOME . . . from Southern Arizona.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,392 Posts
Stlhotrod, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! you are on the BEST FORUM ever! BUT-----Go to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
35,751 Posts
Welcome from Canada! :cheers

Congrats on your new SSR :black: :thumbs

enjoy your permagrin!

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Welcome and enjoy that great little hot rod! I went through the SAME journey almost identically. I’ve owned my red 03’ for about 6 weeks and love this ride! Did consider buying a C10 as well, but the SSR had so much to offer for the price. You can follow The for sale forum to take advantage of some additional new and used parts that appear on occasion. There are a couple vendors here that have stock of some of the items you need. Look for Mike Moro “Simple Engineering” who is here in Arizona where I live and an SSR expert. Great guy and loads of help. I’ve purchased many parts from Mike that have improved my ssr experience. Joining his forum with All he support you’ll receive is one of he best decisions you’ve made so far! Go look for “The Drive” here in the forums and order one. It’s a thumb drive loaded with information and how to’s you need to read about. If you have a question or are considering changing something ask here FIRST. There is likely someone here who has already tried or done what you are attempting. Post some pictures of your ride! ~Stew in Arizona

Reactions: tennesseecozydog
1 - 19 of 19 Posts