Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to a new owner at Cruising the Coast last week. He had not heard of the forum. His top is not working. Engine on, brake depressed, windows roll down, toneau cover doesn't open, DIC displaces "Time Out". Sounds like the T'lat switches stuck. He has a home in Gulf Shores but is at his home in Birmingham until the end of the week. Is there someone in the Pensacola/Gulf Shores that can contact him? Phone # 205-253-9516. His name is Chad. He will glad to drive over the Pensacola if some can assist him.

Jack

·
Registered
23 Posts
I talked to a new owner at Cruising the Coast last week. He had not heard of the forum. His top is not working. Engine on, brake depressed, windows roll down, toneau cover doesn't open, DIC displaces "Time Out". Sounds like the T'lat switches stuck. He has a home in Gulf Shores but is at his home in Birmingham until the end of the week. Is there someone in the Pensacola/Gulf Shores that can contact him? Phone # 205-253-9516. His name is Chad. He will glad to drive over the Pensacola if some can assist him.

Jack
Jack: I have the same problem with mine..............I've been trying to get help for over a year.........If you find something out let me know. Jim Anderton Fort Lauderdale, fla [email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same issue, you can see where it catches on the back cover. I cracked the plastic part of the top on the underside. Any idea what the best adhesive would be to fix it?

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Randal what year is your truck? If the tonneau cover is catching the bed cover it my may have the early design hinges and they are bent. In '04 they changed the design of the hinges. When the cover comes up it should raise about 2 inches straight up and then start to go vertical. If not you have the early hinges and they are bent. I read a post where a post where a adhesive was recommended but I don't remember what is was. If not bent hinges the bed cover may need to be adjusted.

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim and Radal, I am sure there is a knowable Fanatac in or around Miami that can help you. Contact SSR Father by clicking on your the circle next to the safetypin at the top right, then click "CONVERSTIONS" and type in SSR Father. He is presently driving home from the rally in Branson. He will direct you to someone that can help.

Jack

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,963 Posts
Lot of the things you all are asking about is covered in the how to library that dictator put together. Read that and many of your questions will be answered. If all else fails contact him or mike morrow at Simple Engineering as they have "Been there, done that, got the tee shirt".

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you! I didn't how to get to that wealth of information! Everyone posts to go to Dictators pages but I am just learning to navigate this site. I appreciate your help.

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 10 of 10 Posts