Mbragdon5, I saw you on FB. Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!---Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.
And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership, you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner, read and compare the Advantages!!
- Get the key from @Dinerman.
- Look for the Texas events. We just had a tech day in Dallas. The get togethers are worth going to. You’ll meet great folks and learn a bit.
- Read everything you can here. Most issues you may run into have been resolved here on the forum. Some good DIY procedures can be found here: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5
- Learn to use the search in the upper right. Skim past the advertisements in the results and then find which link is relevant.
- For upgrade & improvement parts, look here: Simple Engineering
- Ask questions by posting a new thread.
1. Install the LED lamp upgrade in the Cargo area and replace the 15 amp fuse in the box behind the passenger seat. It can overheat and burn causing a possible fire in Your R. Unplug the cable until this is done to be safe.
2. Purchase and install the Transmission cable upgrade. Don't get caught in the middle of nowhere and have it malfunction and have too crawl under the truck too shift into drive.
3. Install the Heat Shield on the ABS system, very easy install and very much worth not having too worry about the ABS unit deteriorating due too excessive heat.
4. Have the Front end alignment checked and set too recommended specs. Save those tires and improve the handling of the R.
5. Look into changing out the Radiator and Support system, they are prone too failing.
6. Inspect the hydraulic hoses in the roof storage area, make sure no leakage is present.
7. Invest in a good Rubber Seal protectant, these parts are getting harder and harder too find, protect what you have.
8. Keep visiting the Forum and asking questions, sharing information You find on your own, You will love the R and learn from Others experiences.
9. Look into the upcoming ( October 2019 ) International SSR Rally in Branson, Mo.
10. Contact Me with your information so I can send You the Drive which contains all the information on The R. Service Manuals, Common problems and other useful information. I have One extra and will send free of charge cause You're a Fellow Texan..lol
11. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy ( Secretly, You did purchase the BEST Color, don't Listen too these other guys and gals..lol )
Welcome to the SSR family..... This is the finest bunch of mixed nuts on the internet.
Helpful hint when you sign in........ ADD THIS SIGN-IN PASSWORD TO THE LIST OF YOUR SAVED PASSWORDS!!!!!! Lots of members have an issue after a year or two because they can’t remember it when something happens....
The most important thing, though, is to enjoy your SSR.