Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing a Red SSR on the road... after internet research... after visiting a dealer on Sunday when they're closed so we don't get hassled (but can only look at the outside of vehicles)... after all of that, we had the privilege of visiting with SSR owners who were preparing for a Christmas parade (http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6588) including wildcat66 and several others.

This visit (thanks folks!) inspired us to visit a dealer who was open and test drive an '06 manual. That drive cemented our decision.

Now sitting in our garage is a Redline Red 2006 SSR, manual, bright chrome & chrome wheels. Our new Roadster! :ssr Not yet named... What a vehicle! What a blast to drive.

Thanks for all the info, and special thanks to Wildcat and friends; we'll see you soon with our new SSR.

Danal & Deborah

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
Welcome to the FANTASTIC world of :ssr s. I hope you enjoy your new SSR as much as we do.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
We knew you'd get one soon. :) After meeting you at Wildcat's house ,we decided you guys were going to be part of the "Gang". :cool We're all a little crazy, but in a good way. Lookin' forward to cruisin' with you both. :ssr

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,106 Posts
FriscoTX SSR,

Welcome to the nicest bunch of mixed nuts on line. We all love our trucks.... sometimes a little, mostly A LOT!!!!!!

Enjoy the ride. Be sure to do face exercises, as it will have a permanent smile otherwise......

Regards,

Mike

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Welcome

Now sitting in our garage is a Redline Red 2006 SSR, manual, bright chrome & chrome wheels. Our new Roadster! Not yet named... What a vehicle! What a blast to drive.
Danal & Deborah
:ssr Congrats on your new ride :ssr We understand how you feel. I have had so much fun in mine my Personal Plate reads SSBLAST :thumbs

Welcome Aboard and enjoy the excitement........you'll never be the same :)

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
SSR purchase

FriscoTX_SSR said:
After seeing a Red SSR on the road... after internet research... after visiting a dealer on Sunday when they're closed so we don't get hassled (but can only look at the outside of vehicles)... after all of that, we had the privilege of visiting with SSR owners who were preparing for a Christmas parade (http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6588) including wildcat66 and several others.

This visit (thanks folks!) inspired us to visit a dealer who was open and test drive an '06 manual. That drive cemented our decision.

Now sitting in our garage is a Redline Red 2006 SSR, manual, bright chrome & chrome wheels. Our new Roadster! :ssr Not yet named... What a vehicle! What a blast to drive.

Thanks for all the info, and special thanks to Wildcat and friends; we'll see you soon with our new SSR.

Danal & Deborah
Great Having another owner. When I went in to purchase, I knew exactly what I wanted...a SSR. Do you get the feeling that the sales guys for the SSR don't need to push the product. If you're thing of getting one, a test drive will seal the deal.

When I sat, waiting to sign the paper on my SSR, I noticed a lot of regular customers undecided on what they wanted, an SUV, 4 door, etc. The sales guys would help them decide.

From reading through a few posting on this site, it seems like a lot of SSR purchase went: walk in, point at the SSR, maybe a test drive (which I didn't need), talk price, then sign the paper. I knew, when I walked in, I was not walking out without a SSR.

I'm still amazed at the amount of people asking me what make and model I have. That shows you that GM marketing could be better. :mad

My 2 c

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Hi Danal and Deborah. A big welcome from another Red SSR owner. it's the BEST COLOR. I am currently in Yuma Az. will be looking forward to cruise with youall . :seeya Kay :ssr

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Well, well I guess you will be having a Very Merry Christmas!!! Congrats on the purchase and I am glad you got Red. :lol There are way to many Slingshots around now..... :lol:lol Can't wait to see ya at the next planned event. (cruisers in Frisco)

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Welcome to the family

WELCOME TO THE FANATIC WORLD OF SSR'S

1 - 15 of 15 Posts