Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For sale is a 2005 manual ssr gauges cluster. It has 49,660 miles. Dicktator replaced all 5 stepper motors with the upgraded version on December 2020. Everything working good, guarantee. 275 shipped, new price: 250.00, shipped an pay palled.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
678 Posts
For sale is a 2005 manual ssr gauges cluster. It has 49,660 miles. Dicktator replaced all 5 stepper motors with the upgraded version on December 2020. Everything working good, guarantee. 275 shipped.
Miles are recorded in the ECU, the gauge panel will display the mileage the truck it is placed in has recorded. You need to check with someone on the Forum to see if an IC will exchange. In many cars it must recognize the VIN as the one it was originally programmed to. @Dragon2U should be able to answer that one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dicktator upgraded the stepper motors on my SSR gauges and this other one. He confirmed my actual truck miles (which I knew) and the let me know how many has the other one, which is this one that is for sale.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,487 Posts
Miles are recorded in the ECU, the gauge panel will display the mileage the truck it is placed in has recorded. You need to check with someone on the Forum to see if an IC will exchange. In many cars it must recognize the VIN as the one it was originally programmed to. @Dragon2U should be able to answer that one.

Yes, the chip on the speedometer should be either programmed or swapped to read the correct mileage when replaced. If you ever go in for an oil change, sell the car, or whenever the VIN is documented with an action and the mileage has a discrepancy, it will be flagged. Even if you document it properly, there will be an issue at time of sale and it will affect the price and future sales.

I can do a chip swap if someone needs that service when they buy this used one or ever have an issue in the futire and want the true mileage displayed on their "new to them" speedometer to have less hassle and protect the trucks value in the future. Have done the chip swap a few times. 👍

Helpful Links
Add your location on Fanatic PINMAP and locate others
SSR Technical Resource - Quick searchable help
Electronic Repairs - Speedometer, brake, door latch, fuse box, stereo
Billet letters for tailgate and under hood

·
Slingshot Rules!
78,065 Posts

Definitely, Mike @Dragon2U . . . NOT LIKE THE OLD DAYS !

CarFax clearly records The Doophus's Date and Mileage each and every visit to the Chevy Dealer even for something as basic as an Annual Service and/or Oil Change.

Big Brother is ALWAYS WATCHING.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im just trying to sell a gauge cluster with the mentioned miles, working perfect with all 5 new upgraded stepper motors. I want to be honest with the info that i know. Someone need it?

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
990 Posts
Yes, the chip on the speedometer should be either programmed or swapped to read the correct mileage when replaced. If you ever go in for an oil change, sell the car, or whenever the VIN is documented with an action and the mileage has a discrepancy, it will be flagged. Even if you document it properly, there will be an issue at time of sale and it will affect the price and future sales.

I can do a chip swap if someone needs that service when they buy this used one or ever have an issue in the futire and want the true mileage displayed on their "new to them" speedometer to have less hassle and protect the trucks value in the future. Have done the chip swap a few times. 👍

Helpful Links
Add your location on Fanatic PINMAP and locate others
SSR Technical Resource - Quick searchable help
Electronic Repairs - Speedometer, brake, door latch, fuse box, stereo
Billet letters for tailgate and under hood
I am not trying to high jack this thread but wondering how much Mike charges to do the chip swap.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. As state before, all 5 stepper motors were replaced for the upgraded ones on December by Dicktator. Everything else is working good, including illumination.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For sale is a 2005 manual ssr gauges cluster. It has 49,660 miles. Dicktator replaced all 5 stepper motors with the upgraded version on December 2020. Everything working good, guarantee. 275 shipped, new price: 250.00, shipped an pay palled.
Night bump. Still available.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts