Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, GM announced reduced prices on about 57 models. Has anyone heard anything about the SSR's price being changed?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Danko....not sure but seems I read where the SSR would not change as with the Corvette...It did mention the "W" bodied cars but not ours .:seeya

·
Registered
89 Posts
COMMING SOON! I will have info as soon as I get it.

the Corvette and SSR are included

·
Registered
324 Posts
Dis-Incentives: GM announced plans to slash prices on most of its models as part of an effort to better gauge what consumers are willing to pay and move away from the heavy incentives that confuse buyers and take a bite out of the auto maker's profits. GM is trimming sticker prices across the board on its top-selling Chevrolet brand, as well as on vehicles produced under the GMC and Buick names. Prices will also be slashed on certain vehicles produced by the company's Pontiac and Cadillac divisions. In total, 57 of GM's 76 models will be eligible for discounts.

·
Registered
193 Posts
New GM pricing

Danko said:
Today, GM announced reduced prices on about 57 models. Has anyone heard anything about the SSR's price being changed?
I have a post on the General Discussion Board regarding the new prices.
Go to the Kelley Blue Book website.

:lurk
Jim

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
New Pricing

Chrome wheels went from $1500 to $1995. Special Paint went from $350 to $395. Towing Package went from $235 to $460 (although you do get the soft side saddle storage bags with it...probably costs GM $20). It's all marketing hype IMHO.

·
Registered
89 Posts
ssr blur said:
Chrome wheels went from $1500 to $1995. Special Paint went from $350 to $395. Towing Package went from $235 to $460 (although you do get the soft side saddle storage bags with it...probably costs GM $20). It's all marketing hype IMHO.

well here is the new stuff
2005 $5500.00 rebate
2006 $1000.00 bonus cash
2006 price reduction $89.00

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
LESSTANFORDCHEV said:
well here is the new stuff
2005 $5500.00 rebate
2006 $1000.00 bonus cash
2006 price reduction $89.00
at $89...they should have kept the price the same and threw in the floor mats for free :smash :glol :glol

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nothing is "free"

WOW_FCTR, If they "threw in the floor mats" for $89, that might make you happy but what about anyone that did not want the mats? See the problem with making anything standard is that it takes away choice. My issue is that they stayed with a rebate instead of lowering the price that amount for the '05's and '06's. My state taxes the sale price BEFORE rebate and also charges for annual registration/plates based on the MSRP, not the actually net price. So, I would have to pay $330 extra sales tax dollars on the '05's rebate amount and that is enough to matter to me. GM still would get the same but the state gov't is screwing us over this. It frosts me that I have to pay sales tax on a portion of the price I am actually not really paying.......

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Danko said:
WOW_FCTR, If they "threw in the floor mats" for $89, that might make you happy but what about anyone that did not want the mats? See the problem with making anything standard is that it takes away choice. My issue is that they stayed with a rebate instead of lowering the price that amount for the '05's and '06's. My state taxes the sale price BEFORE rebate and also charges for annual registration/plates based on the MSRP, not the actually net price. So, I would have to pay $330 extra sales tax dollars on the '05's rebate amount and that is enough to matter to me. GM still would get the same but the state gov't is screwing us over this. It frosts me that I have to pay sales tax on a portion of the price I am actually not really paying.......
It was a joke....

·
Registered
193 Posts
GM's smoke & mirrors

jc/ssr said:
Here I thought GM was going to having a fire sale. They did get what they wanted, free PR...:bs
:agree
Boy....you got that right.

I was pricing out a Monte Carlo SS. GM lowered the price $800.
Then they proceeded to take away the $1,000 rebate they had previously.:cuss
I think their new pricing is :skep

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Tax

Danko said:
Here in VT. We pay tax on the money that is paid (after) all rebates, G M Card or trade in's or what have you. 6% Tax one time. :flag

·
Registered
349 Posts
What does it matter what the sticker price is anyway? What really counts is what the dealer pays GM for the vehicle (the true invoice) because this is what you can gauge your price from. And of course, look at the increased prices for the "options" that most of us buy anyway.

More desperate attempts to increase market share. They must really think we are stupid.:sleep

·
Registered
122 Posts
GM took $110 off of a new Z06. What a joke. Why bother? Except for free PR? I still think this just pisses people off. I guess they really do think we are stupid.

·
Registered
595 Posts
the thing you have to remember the price is permantly lowered such as the cobalt as much as $1500 off list and yes you lose a $500 but when sales slow down again do you not think you might get a rebate again all they are doing is lowering the price the customer will pay they are making dealers live on making less and giving up as little on there end as possible but they did the same thing with the employee pricing and red tag but with rebates they can come and go each month

but if a car lists for 12990 a dealer cannot go back to charging you the 14490 . . ..

and $180 off on a z06 . ....gm is taking more off than a dealer would but wait that was the dealer money they just reduced the percentage of markup . ...look at the new 2007 tahoe its at 90.9% to get invoice with the 1.5% adv when it used to be 88.7%

we have to do something to spur sales is this it? i dont know the dealers have contributed more than gm of the $1000 bottom line customer price at list on that cobalt gm contributed $167 dollars and the dealer lost $833 in markup

but the customer saves a grand. ..

·
Registered
595 Posts
and them revamping the corvettes why would we need a price reduction on those they sell anyhow but if you are spending the money to make these cuts you have to do it on everything

what sounds better

Gm has reduced prices on a cobalt and the trailblazer come check it out

or

GM HAS REDUCED THE PRICE ON EVERY NEW 2006 CHEVY THIS IS NOT A REBATE THIS IS A PERMANT PRICE REDUCTION ON EVERY NEW 2006 CHEVY IN INVENTORY COBALTS TRAILBLAZERS SUBURBANS TAHOES SSRS EVEN CORVETTES DONT MISS THIS ONCE IN A LIFE TIME OPPORTUNITY COME DOWN TODAY BEFORE GM REALIZES WHOOPS WE MESSED UP CALL ME NOW.. ..

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
Danko said:
Any body that won't buy a vehicle because it has floor mats is ....:banghead

1 - 20 of 25 Posts