Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Automatic
884 Posts
I just put a Kenwood DNX994s with Sirius and front and rear cameras with bluetooth and built in nav and Android auto and Apple carplay so you can take your choice.

I love it. It even has a screen position of negative one degree which helps with the glare with the top down!

It has all the bells and whistles you could ever want!

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Kenwood

I went with a Kenwood DNX893S. I purchased from Crutchfield. I used their adaptor harness for the steering wheel controls and they did the wiring harness. Everything works Great. I went with the Kenwood because I wanted Garmin GPS. It has Siruis, 2 USB outputs, and about 99 other features I will never use.
Crutchfield refunded $125 because they had a price reduction after I ordered the radio. And their tech support is great.
When you order their wiring harness it is plug and play. Everything comes prewired. The only problem I had was the triggering the backup camera. Tech services said it would trigger from the Data Wire, but it did not. Very simple solution, connected the imbedded wire in the backup camera wire cable to the correct wire in the wiring bundle at the back of the radio. I also went with a backup camera that has a gyro in it so that as you are turning the lines on the display curve so that you know where you are heading. It is a great feature.

By buying from Crutchfield you may pay a few dollars more but believe me it is worth it if you are not a professional installer. Their wiring bundle is great and the Tech Service is available 7 days a week.

As a side note, I also wanted a radar backup warning. I could not find one without the camera, I wanted the camera I had, so I bought a small one and installed next to m BU camera and only put power to the radar warning.Put the buzzer in the cab. Works great, gives a small beep when you put the truck in reverse, starts slow beeping in something is 6 feet from the truck and increases as you get closer, continuous tone at 3 feet.

Jack

·
Registered
35 Posts
I called Crutchfield and they recommended the Kenwood DNX694S. I also got a backup camera and had them build the cables. I did not do the install because I was also having the IPC repaired but I was told it went easy with no issues. Only problem is I have yet to be able to see how it works because the same day it was installed I put it in storage for the winter. The backup camera did work well because I did get to check that out as I backed it into the garage I store it in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts