Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just got my 05 SSR. I have wanted it for about a year and after a lot of bustin my butt and grief from my wife, I finally got it a few weeks ago. I was coming here for a while just to read about them and see what you guys have done to yours etc. I see soo many awesome cars on here I really like what some of you have done to your cars.
I havent done anything to my car yet. However I did drive about 3hrs to MKB to buy my plate frame. So I think I qualify as a fanatic now and can start to fit in around here. Gene from MKB was in shock when I called and asked if I could come up and buy it from him direct. He said "I can ship it for $12.00 and you'll have it tomorrow." I told him I wanted to take a drive on my day off and it wasn't a problem. :)
I have to say that Gene is one of the nicest people I have ever met. What a great guy. He showed me around the shop and explained how the Frames are made etc. I genuine great guy to meet. I told him I cant wait to see what he has coming for the front of the car. I am sure its going to be great. If you havent seen his frame for the SSR go to:mkbcustoms website cause I think he deserves everyones support. Its nice to meet good people because you know they are out there somewhere.

I was wondering (and this is the real reason for my email. LOL)
Can anyone give me a rundown of some small performance enhancments for my 05?? I am getting a little frustrated trying to find things. I cant find an intake etc. I would like to maybe do a computer mod , intake , maybe even a good set of headers and pipes.
I saw some of the work you guys did on the earlier motors to dress them up and I got all bummed out when I saw that my engine cover was plastic. I soo wanted to get the engine cover chromed..LOL funny I get the car with 390hp thinking this will rock and then I cant find anything for it. LOL im sure its out there and you guys can tell me where to go and if not im sure its on the way.

Just wated to introduce myself to the group, I promise next time the post will be a lot shorter. (and ill check it for spelling too..LOL)

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
Welcome to the family. Hope you enjoy it as much has the rest of us. You can do a search on headers and exhaust . It will bring up alot of information. Or buy JimG's book and it will tell you everthing you need to know.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
monnecka said:
im sure you guys can tell me where to go..LOL)
Since you are new here, I will warn you about leaving notes like this, It will only get you into trouble... :reddevil

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

Hey thanks for the welcome! Me and my Tuck ;) are going to be very happy here... I cant wait to make her different in her own special way.

John

·
Registered
487 Posts
Welcome to Fanatic land where all your SSR dreams come true.:cool

Think about adding a City and State so we know where you are.....Also, you may want to get on the Fuzzy list. (SSR Fellow Pages) :ssr :ssr :thumbs

Again, Welcome!!! and Yes, please call your SSR a truck or roadster...and say it like you mean it!

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Do a search for the MAF Screen and the Fram AirHog filter. Together they open up the top end a little and make it more responsive.

I am waiting for a new set of headers that are 1 7/8" primary with 3" collectors and a true dual 3" system with x-pipe. I will be trying some C6 and GTO headers to see if they will work. The LS2 really needs to breath especially if you are going to mod it more later. I plan to do a 427 stroker to mine so I need a free flowing exhaust that will support this.

W

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the best board on line!

We're glad to have you here!

There are so many gifted folks here, you'll be able to find all the information you need/want. Everyone is helpful and always willing to give you the skinny on stuff.

So, enjoy! We'll be waiting to hear about your mods!

wipurplechick
"If I must get wrinkles, please let them be laugh lines!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts