Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monte Smith 2005 Black SSR, Award Winning Chef and Now SSR owner from Florida. I was lucky to find someone's garage Queen and weekend Show Car. I believe it's found it's Forever Home, I appreciate forum as before purchasing a SSR, I reviewed forum advice on what to Look for and THANKS you guys and gals saved me from a couple nightmare cars, and I am very grateful for any and all advice of what to do and Not to do. Seems a drivers door handle issue which considering only other things then wipers is maybe upgrading Shocks/suspension.

·
Have SSR...will travel!!
1,244 Posts
Welcome to the family!

You will have many things to do with the Florida Fanantics!!

Reactions: turnheadz

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,414 Posts
A very warm welcome to you Monte.....we've been waiting on you. :smile2:

Prepare now to receive your very own PERMAGRIN!!!

:smile2:

===============
David :black:

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Welcome, where in FL??:yellow::00000732:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,187 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,158 Posts
Hi Monte welcome from Missouri. Upgrades would be to fix the mileage on the garage queen by taking it out and adding some to it. Enjoy the ride. Things to keep in mind with garage queens are the tires,belts and hoses if they are low miles they may look great but keep in mind the age is still there and they can deteriorate from the inside out. Things like tires, belts and hoses can be very tricky and easy to over look and not factor in the age. Those of us with higher mileage trucks have went through tires, belts and maybe hoses so we are less likely to get caught off guard.

You might want to look at the thread for newbies it goes over a list of things to look at for upgrades. Shifter bushing upgrade would be high on my list. 4 Bolt rear Trail Blazer crossmember is a nice addition. Also check out the roof seals and make sure that they haven't dried out or are leaking but because of its pampered life they have not shown their ugly side.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,580 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Premium Member
36,792 Posts
Welcome from Canada! :cheers

Congrats on your new SSR :black: :thumbs

enjoy the permagrin!

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
Slingshot Rules!
73,696 Posts
CONGRATS & WELCOME, Monte . . . from Southern Arizona.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
Daily Driver
8,949 Posts
Welcome to the SSR Fanatics, you can check out but you can never leave, 'cause you're family now. :seeya

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,496 Posts
Monte Smith, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!---Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

1 - 20 of 30 Posts