Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've recently inherited a 2005, black SSR with a 6-speed manual and thought I should join a forum of enthusiasts so I can learn the ins & outs of this great machine! I presently have it in storage for the winter at a facility away from my home due to lack of space in my garage. I have a 3-car with 12' ceilings, so I'm thinking of installing a lift so I can accommodate it with my other vehicles. The specifications state the height of the vehicle is 63" which seems tall to me. Does anyone know if this includes overhead needed for the convertible top on/off action?

I look forward to learning from and participating in this forum!

MisterDP

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,508 Posts
misterdp, Nice looking SSR!! Welcome from Forney Texas!!! you are on the BEST FORUM ever! BUT-----Go to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,211 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!! For starters if you are storing it get a battery Tender with float mode hooked up to your battery to keep it fully charged but not over charged. Other wise it will be dead in about two weeks. Adds several years of life to your battery.

·
Premium Member
37,029 Posts
Welcome from Canada! :cheers

Congrats on your new SSR :black::thumbs

As for a lift there is some threads already on lifts, just do a search for them and read this will help you find one that fits your needs, also go to the forum section go down to the Heritage Museum and you can find all information you want to know about your truck and if not sure on a few things just ask no question is dumb.

Enjoy your permagrin!

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Welcome from the Left Coast of Canada. You're going to enjoy your new ride!

Ken, Vancouver Island

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,804 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Welcome.....

My brother lives 150 yds from me.....he has 30X40..climate controlled garage with a lift..the lift has a 12 foot ceiling height...you can walk under the lift with out bending over I'm 6'2''....the side width has a lot of clearance ..you do't have to fold the mirrors in..

We installed the lift several years after he built the building.
Good luck,:wink2:
vp

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi and welcome to the SSR forum. 63in is the correct height I just measured mine a 2005. That dimension does not include clearance for top up or down. Hope this helps

1 - 20 of 26 Posts