Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gang, I have just purchased a new SSR. Black. I was considering getting a used one, but I decided after I found out their production was done that a new one was in order ( full warranty etc). I live in Las Vegas, where unfortunately I could not make a satisfactory deal, instead, being orginally from Detroit I emailed a dealer there and made the deal this week, It is now on a truck coming out this way. I am very excited, I currently own a 1992 Vette as well as a Sonoma Highrider ZR2 and a Sierra ZR-1 so this will be a welcome addition to my GM family.
I too noticed the SSR when it was first rumored to be coming out in 2000, but I never took action until this winter. I had bid on a couple on EBAY, but was either too short or the reserve was too high. Oh well thats all history now. I think this machine will really be fun to own. Las Vegas is a beautiful area for this type of vehicle.

My wife is estatic which is unusual for her, so this will be fun.:)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Oh Yea!!!

That's great, and your so right Vegas is a fantastic place for a flashy drop top, the last time my wife and I were out there we rented a red Ferrari F-355 conv for the day and went out to Red rock canyon, one of the best days we can remember. You can't take a bad picture out there its just beautiful, I"m sure it inspired the redline we have now, when you said your waiting for delivery it brought back my excitment during that period like a kid I kept looking out the window for it to appear then when you first see it and you know its yours its just a great feeling, excuse me I just had to run out and look at mine again ha!! Anyway have the fun I'm sure you will 2 Otters :ssr :cool

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,065 Posts
Welcome Aboard

Glad to have you join the best bunch of mixed nuts on the net.

You will find a few active SSR Fanatics in the Vegas area. Those that come to mind are:
CashSax
Ladyinred
BlastfromPast
Jerry
scotto1467
smokin'vegas

We had a nice time in Laughlin about 6 weeks ago with ~50 SSRs from AZ, CA, NV and UT. Great bunch of really nice people that share a common passion. You'll get caught up in it too.

If you do a road trip to Phoenix, let us know you're coming and we'll have a small gathering....

Enjoy the Ride,

Mike

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Welcome, you will like it here. You'll Learn alot and have some fun too!!:seeya

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Welcome

I have also bought my SSR this year and have had everyone in the Las Vegas Valley looking at it as if it was a true exotic. And I live near Spanish Hills. Expect a lot of hand prints on the windows.:cool

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like what I see, 6 members in " Vegas" too, that's great I am sure we will need to have a breakfast run. I thoroughly enjoy attending rallies and wish I had known about the Laughlin Rally, I would have come down and drooled all over the place.

This is gonna be fun, I can't wait to cruise "The Strip". And we definitely have a weekend planned for Laguna Beach Ca, cruisining down PCH is the ultimate ride in that area.

You'll be seing us, for sure!!!:)
Honey is that truck here yet????:cool

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Huh Breakfast Run ???

With six of you it's time to host a Las Vegas Run :jester

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
6 + 1 = 7:) A "Vegas Run" sounds very interesting, once I get mine and meet the others , Vegas is Vegas.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
If you need reinforcements to cruise Laguna, let us know. I'm in Huntington Beach and don't need much of an excuse to get out..

Welcome.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Welcome Aboard

Highrider said:
I could not make a satisfactory deal, instead, being orginally from Detroit I emailed a dealer there and made the deal this week, It is now on a truck coming out this way. I am very excited, I currently own a 1992 Vette as well as a Sonoma Highrider ZR2 and a Sierra ZR-1 so this will be a welcome addition to my GM family.

My wife is estatic which is unusual for her, so this will be fun.:)
Highrider Welcome Aboard!

What part of Detroit where you from? Hope they wheeled and dealed you a good one!

Having your wife being estatic is part of the battle for enjoying it!
Makes the ride so much more pleasing.

Welcome to this great site and get ready for some great company along the way :thumbs

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello "Hotrodgirl" We are from Chesterfield Michigan, we defected to Nevada in 1995, but you never lose your roots. I miss Detroit in the summer time especially the water, but I think I can handle the "desert" We got our SSR from Les Stanford Chevrolet, excellant deal, HIghly recommend them. " Tony Aquirre" was the internet salesman.

Now, maybe if only the "Tigers " can finish in 1st place central!:)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello HDFLSTF I wiill definitely keep you in mind when we cruise on out there. Maybe meet at the Ruby's on PCH south of Laguna Beach. Is your call sign "HDFLSTF"for a Harley Fatboy by chance? I will PM you when that time comes, most likely in April.

See You:glol

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Nope

Highrider said:
Hello HDFLSTF Is your call sign "HDFLSTF"for a Harley Fatboy by chance?

It stands for HARD-DO-FIND-LOOSE-STYLE-TYPE-FEMALES :glol :glol :glol

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
MI Roots

Highrider said:
Hello "Hotrodgirl" We are from Chesterfield Michigan, we defected to Nevada in 1995, but you never lose your roots. I miss Detroit in the summer time especially the water, but I think I can handle the "desert" We got our SSR from Les Stanford Chevrolet, excellant deal, HIghly recommend them. " Tony Aquirre" was the internet salesman.

Now, maybe if only the "Tigers " can finish in 1st place central!:)
We had a beautiful 60 degree day here today! I hear you on the summer. MI is a beautiful state in the spring/summer and fall season. We spend alot of time around the lakes in the summer also.

Forget the Tigers.......I used to be a huge baseball fan...not for a while now. Although the new Comerica Stadium is a beauty :thumbs

Enjoy hockey so much more...RED WINGS

·
Registered
105 Posts
new baby ssr

highrider-welcome aboard! I too got my redline this year and I have to tell you-the people on this site are awesome-can't wait to meet some of them this year at events -enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mikes Mid-Life:seeya

1 - 18 of 18 Posts