Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at these for SSR's for several years....had a red 1999 Ford Lightning for many years, a Chevy 454 SS truck and several vetts....so this is my new toy. Bought with 24K miles, is the preferred LSII having limited my search to 2005 or 06 SSR's. Bought the 2005 from an older gent that can no longer drive at slightly under book price. Smells like new, everything works and other than standard haze from car washs on the black finish, it is perfect. Have replaced the original goodyear eagles and have it scheduled for a full color restoration and full ceramic coating next week. Can't wait to get that done. Very pleased with it so far, want to do some mods.....noticed temp climb when sitting in traffic and also hate the seat position, no way to find enough room to recline the seat to a perfectly comfortable position, but other than that, it drives and sounds fantastic. I'll work these issues having discovered Mikes fan's on this forum and plenty of discussion about seat positions....thanks for this forum.....how do I join?

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
:00000732: Welcome from North Alabama :00000732:​

Congratulations on your new SSR. You came to the right place, these people are wonderful. You can become a supporting member by clicking Get Premium in the upper right hand corner. Also click User CP and share some info about yourself.

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,505 Posts
CONGRATS and WELCOME . . . from Southern Arizona.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the family from Middle Georgia.
I would recommend becoming a Lifetime Supporting Member.
I was doing the year to year thing, but realized after one year that I'm in for the long haul!!
Even if you do sell the R one day, you want to keep in touch with some of the friends you will make here!!
Enjoy the PERMAGRIN!! Hope to see you down the road someday soon.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,378 Posts
--Welcome from Forney Texas!!! Like mentioned above, you have found the BEST FORUM ever! BUT-----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
35,699 Posts
Welcome from Canada! :cheers

Congrats on your new SSR :black:

enjoy your permagrin!

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,065 Posts
.....noticed temp climb when sitting in traffic
With the AC off, the main fan does not turn on until 226. It then turns off at 219.

If you turn on the AC, the computer will force the fan on (to get airflow across the condenser) when the AC system pressure gets to "normal" operating pressure. You don't need to worry about fan speeds or recirculate..... just put a little fresh air on your knuckles or your feet or both.... You can even turn the knob to a warm position, if you want..... it will still make the compressor run.

Side benefit of this is that you also get air across the radiator...... letting it run on the thermostat.... you should see about 200-210 on your gauge.

Regards,

Mike

Oh yeah..... Welcome from Central AZ

·
Premium Member
9,619 Posts
Welcome from central Illinois...and just get the lifetime membership... I paid enough on the yearly renewal to pay for the lifetime...
I have learned so much and on the fan alone saved money enough money to pay for the membership several times over..
Great family of friends and fanatics

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Welcome and Congrats on the new to you SSR.
You have come to the best place for all things SSR.
Best people, Best info, and Best trucks.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,487 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Hey! Welcome from Ashville Al.

We have a great group of owners that try to get together regularly in the Huntsville area. We also have family up there and drive up at least every other month.

Looking forward to meeting up with you soon!

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
:00000732: and CONGRATULATIONS !!! :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: these are called permagrins on the web site and all the fanatics hope you have many, many permagrins to share with us. Do like Mike in AZ said, if "she" get hot turn on the AC, then turn the fan to 4 or 5 and "she'll" cool down pretty quick. But ... change the fan out as soon as you can. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,048 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
welcome

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,454 Posts
Another Buckeye Welcome! Enjoy that Permagrin! :grin2:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts