Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my Stainless Steel Brake Hoses made.

Call Robert at E.L. Johnston Auto Parts

1-888-767-8693

Here’s the website:

Braided Stainless | E.L. Johnston Auto Parts

He has made many SSR Brake Hoses.
You can get the color that you like to complement your SSR.
I got carried away with the Blue Hoses and Collars.
The four hoses came to $320 ($80 per hose) plus shipping.
I had sent him the original brake hoses for reference.
Now, I just have to make an appointment to get them installed.
Please note that the Stop Tech Stainless Steel Brakes Lines advertised for the SSR do not fit the SSR per my discussion with Centric.

·
Premium Member
6,447 Posts
Thanks for following through on this. A lot of people have been searching for these hoses and the proper fitment.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts

1-888-767-8693

Here’s the website:

Please note that the Stop Tech Stainless Steel Brakes Lines advertised for the SSR do not fit the SSR per my discussion with Centric.
View attachment 585229
Keep us posted please. Great news.

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Does he now have the pattern so that anybody else wanting to purchase a set would not need to send them theirs.
Hard to do and still drive the car - and definitely don't want to let the ABS module to get air pockets, as they can be difficult to bleed out.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Great news, I will be calling Robert. Please let us know how they fit and if there are any problems.
Thanks. Jim

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC
1,448 Posts

1-888-767-8693

Here’s the website:

View attachment 585229
I’ll be calling tomorrow

·
Trygodfirst
1,448 Posts
thanks to @RG
I just ordered my new stainless braided brake lines.

SSR General Discussion
New Stainless Steel Brake

Call E.L. Johnston Auto Parts

1-888-767-8693

I got regular stainless and The four hoses came to $320 ($80 per hose) plus shipping.
Even without color. However they DID NOT retain any measurement from when @RG had his made. As I’m handicapped and not able to crawl under our ssr nor did I want the down time, I paid them to order a set of OEM factory hoses and brackets ($25 each)
to make mine. They stated they needed our originals for the brackets. Understanding my challenge I offered to but an OEM set for him to use. Feeling that if the OEM’s would work then using them as a template seems reasonable to me. My hope was they would stock the parts and fitting that they strip from our brake lines so that future ssr orders would neither have to remove their lines nor buy new OEM lines to prevent us having to pay (in my case) to remove them and ship to them. So my trade out is... save the cost of my mechanic removing mine and the cost of shipping vs me buying new OEM as a template. He ordered the oem’s for me.
Their response at this time is they won’t stock parts or brackets they strip off ours. For now, unless you do as I did you’ll still have to remove and ship yours to them

In either case I’m very very grateful to @RG for his post. It help me push the “order” button.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,610 Posts
thanks to @RG
I just ordered my new stainless braided brake lines.

However they DID NOT retain any measurement from when @RG had his made. As I’m handicapped and not able to crawl under our ssr nor did I want the down time, I paid them to order a set of OEM factory hoses and brackets ($25 each) to make mine.
Their response at this time is they won’t stock parts or brackets they strip off ours. For now, unless you do as I did you’ll still have to remove and ship yours to them
In either case I’m very very grateful to @RG for his post. It help me push the “order” button.
His response doesn't sound too Customer friendly to me. Seems reasonable/business smart, that since he knows there is some interest, he would RETAIN the Specs for future customers !?!? I wouldn't spend that much for brake hoses, but that's just me.

Nick

·
Trygodfirst
1,448 Posts
His response doesn't sound too Customer friendly to me. Seems reasonable/business smart, that since he knows there is some interest, he would RETAIN the Specs for future customers !?!? I wouldn't spend that much for brake hoses, but that's just me.

Nick
If you were handicapped like I am you would. Just my 2cent humble opinion

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
589 Posts
I was in the stainless hose business for 39 years, A Performance products, Inc., and still have a hard time believing that Goodridge nor Earls, and there are others, will not prototype and make a kit for these vehicles. Once done they would maintain the specs and be able to provide the kit going forward. $80 a hose seems a bit steep to me, but haven't priced anything like that in 2+ years. Most all we provided were for competition vehicles and truly, except for the look there is little benefit over a set of new rubber. Slightly firmer pedal on some, not all, vehicles.
$.02 as usual

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,610 Posts
If you were handicapped like I am you would. Just my 2cent humble opinion
I fully understand you situation and not criticizing you in any way !! I'm trying to say the Company does not seem interested in getting more business by NOT using the new Hoses you furnished him for specifications to produce more hoses.

Nick

·
Trygodfirst
1,448 Posts
I fully understand you situation and not criticizing you in any way !! I'm trying to say the Company does not seem interested in getting more business by NOT using the new Hoses you furnished him for specifications to produce more hoses.

Nick
I agree I tried sooo hard for future ssr guys

·
Premium Member
6,447 Posts
My question is what happened to The originals that RG sent in. Seems like that would be the ones to use for a template instead of somebody going out and buying some.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts