Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know how it goes. You're laying in bed waiting to fall asleep and WAM! a brain fart strikes. Yup, it happened last night. This idea for stars & stripes vinyl graphics for the SSR. I threw tihs concept together this morning. The idea is blue with white stars hood rally stripes, red & white stripe bed cover rally strpies. and a star & stripes for the doors and front of the rear qtr panel. If anyone wants to consider it for their truck, let me know. We can refine and tweak it.

wizzr.
20200804_111237[1].jpg

·
195 Posts
You know how it goes. You're laying in bed waiting to fall asleep and WAM! a brain fart strikes. Yup, it happened last night. This idea for stars & stripes vinyl graphics for the SSR. I threw tihs concept together this morning. The idea is blue with white stars hood rally stripes, red & white stripe bed cover rally strpies. and a star & stripes for the doors and front of the rear qtr panel. If anyone wants to consider it for their truck, let me know. We can refine and tweak it.
I would like smaller version for back window like ssr fanatic member size
wizzr.
View attachment 582748

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Put this on the hood and then incorporate a single wing going toward the back on each side. That would be period correct for the car. You could incorporate the side wings into the rear fender shape. WW2 Army Air Corp insignia. It would look great on blue as shown by the background on the patch. Loose the stripes and make sure the wings don't look like flames.

·
Registered
2004 UV
1,190 Posts
Door looks like it came off a WW11 fighter, might look good on a silver or black truck can not picture it on UV one.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Put this on the hood and then incorporate a single wing going toward the back on each side. That would be period correct for the car. You could incorporate the side wings into the rear fender shape. WW2 Army Air Corp insignia. It would look great on blue as shown by the background on the patch. Loose the stripes and make sure the wings don't look like flames.
View attachment 582756
[/QUOT
View attachment 582756
That could be doable. Are you placing an order?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Door looks like it came off a WW11 fighter, might look good on a silver or black truck can not picture it on UV one.
Oh I don't know. I think it could look striking on a purple truck. It's just a matter of perspective.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,149 Posts
On my old Pac Blue, I had considered Flag Rally Stripes. White stars on top of the already blue background and then the red and white stripes half way up the hood and then on the rear deck. Not sure it would look good on Thunder though...🤔 But your design looks great! 😉

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have #39 pace car and was wonder if any knows where I can get replacement decals as someone nicked my decal on the right side. Not bad but it’s my baby! Thanks Steve

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sorry someone messed up your graphics. Those are quite rare and will be virtually impossible to replace without custom work. I hope you can find a custom shop in your area to help you.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,887 Posts
View attachment 590068
I have #39 pace car and was wonder if any knows where I can get replacement decals as someone nicked my decal on the right side. Not bad but it’s my baby! Thanks Steve
It seems there were some post saying they were available with proof of vin number and ownership. Maybe a new thread of your own would get more attention and @Mike in AZ might know the answer. Good luck!!

Nick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts