Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got the kenwood touch screen in with the 10" sub in the roof hole. along with the remot top. This new stereo upgrade far surpassed :) what I was expecting. you just have to hear it. no boom-boom just CLEAR sound. Need a back massage, just turn it up a little. the sub is in an enclosed box, with the sound coming out of the 2 holes where the midrange bose were. no coparision with the bose system. also painted the bow ties on front and rear with doorhandles. :thumbs :ssr :flag :ssr :seeya


Also posted more pictures in the southwest section of the forum.
 

Attachments

·
SSR Pit Crew
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Damn, that display looks SUPER! And so do the painted upgrades.

Nice job!
:thumbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Bob,

I like your touch screen and it fits great. But, I can't figure out where you put the rest of the equiptment. I know you said you put it in thru the roof hole but I can't out where the equiptment is.

Sarasota Joe
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
look its there

Joe, the carpeted black box in pic. 3 & 4 are the new box made for the sub. 3 250 watt amps (zappco), 1 under pass seat, 1 behind pass seat against back wall, 3rd one is where the tire air kit was behind drivers seat. 9" mids in sealed boxes where the bose base were. 4" tweeters where the bose ones were. every thing looks stock except the head unit or until you turn it on. have to turn up very little to tell BIG difference from the bosr system. It blowed me away. these boys are good at Boomers. Just dont rush them they do all their installs like they are in show vehecles. very, very pleased with the job done and sound. :cool :ssr :thumbs :ssr :flag :ssr :seeya

Yes there is room in those doors for better speakers. Mine are in sealed boxes just like the sub in the roof hole, just not carpeted. Every thing is dynomatted extreme.
 

·
Machell
Joined
·
20,829 Posts
ECurtis said:
Great! How does your remote top operate?

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr
:lol:lol With the remote :lol:lol Sorry ECurtis couldn't resit that one.... :lol

Have you seen the orange SSR toy! I think Texas Hold Em set up???? I saw it on Ebay and thought of you with you dream of and orange SSR! :thumbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
Thank Wildcat!

wildcat66 said:
:lol:lol With the remote :lol:lol Sorry ECurtis couldn't resit that one.... :lol

Have you seen the orange SSR toy! I think Texas Hold Em set up???? I saw it on Ebay and thought of you with you dream of and orange SSR! :thumbs
Very Funny! I did walk into that one!

Also I have not seen the Orange SSR! Do you know the site?

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr
 

·
Machell
Joined
·
20,829 Posts
ECurtis said:
Very Funny! I did walk into that one!

Also I have not seen the Orange SSR! Do you know the site?

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr
Here it is but it is ending very soon, and no bids so I might just pick it up and add to my collection. I have seen others, I will do a search.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6963057226&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Ok this one ends in 2 days with a Buy It Now Feature
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=760&item=6963384334&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
BobA said:
Got the kenwood touch screen in with the 10" sub in the roof hole. along with the remot top. This new stereo upgrade far surpassed :) what I was expecting. you just have to hear it. no boom-boom just CLEAR sound. Need a back massage, just turn it up a little. the sub is in an enclosed box, with the sound coming out of the 2 holes where the midrange bose were. no coparision with the bose system. also painted the bow ties on front and rear with doorhandles. :thumbs :ssr :flag :ssr :seeya


Also posted more pictures in the southwest section of the forum.
Bob,

The question was sort asked but never answered, with respect to the remote for your top, was this a custom system or is there a unit/model number to the kit that other SSR owners could take advantage of? Since this is a hold until down system as opposed to a single pole, single throw system there has to be some intelligence built in to know when the top and doors are in the correct positions before the power is no longer being supplied.

I for one would be very interested in adding this capability to my 05!

Thanks in advance for you response!

My Best,

Rob
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Rob,

It is done on an AutoPage #855 alarm system. It is programable for X amount of time to run the top operation which takes 28 to 30 seconds windows and all. Boomers programed remote to send signal for 35 seconds. Truck has to be running without the key in. Botton 2 buttons pushed together lowers windows and top. Bottom left and top right raise top and windows. A series of a couple relays deal with the brake pedal and the button being push the whole time. Pretty neat to watch your own top go up or down. You get some good reactions from people that see this in progress with no one close by. Also has remote start, which is the bottom left button. Pull up to a store, take foot off brake after in park, press and release the remote start button, the alarm red light on the pillar will flash 3 times, turn key to off, take out, go in storeto get a drink or some thing, truck stays runnin to keep cool or warm, or just because you can. Come back out get in truck, put key in and go. We have mine setup for 20 minutes and it will shut off. Just push the remote start button again while running and it will shut off. This was done by the people that installed my new sound system. No regrets what ever. this remote will even tell you the temp. inside your SSr. Interior cabin temp, I am talking about. plus several other things. I love it. Had it on the 03 I had, could not stand not having system on any longer. Just took this one to the next level with the total sound system upgrade. Can't hardly wait for the navagation to get in so they can get the camera, TV, and the Navagation on board. If you have any other ?'s let me know and I will try to answer. If I don't know I will ask mike at Boomers. I found these peoples Business by word of mouth. Ithink most of the time that is the best advertizement you can have. Just like our SSr's someone copies what you have done to yours is one of the highest forms of flattery you can have. Can you tell I love My SSr. Only thing brside an act of God to make me part with it would be an 07 or 08 with the 427 6 speed auto, Well I would settel for a 5 speed auto. I have shifted all the gears I want to in my lifetime
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
BobA said:
Rob,

It is done on an AutoPage #855 alarm system. It is programable for X amount of time to run the top operation which takes 28 to 30 seconds windows and all. Boomers programed remote to send signal for 35 seconds. Truck has to be running without the key in. Botton 2 buttons pushed together lowers windows and top. Bottom left and top right raise top and windows. A series of a couple relays deal with the brake pedal and the button being push the whole time. Pretty neat to watch your own top go up or down. You get some good reactions from people that see this in progress with no one close by. Also has remote start, which is the bottom left button. Pull up to a store, take foot off brake after in park, press and release the remote start button, the alarm red light on the pillar will flash 3 times, turn key to off, take out, go in storeto get a drink or some thing, truck stays runnin to keep cool or warm, or just because you can. Come back out get in truck, put key in and go. We have mine setup for 20 minutes and it will shut off. Just push the remote start button again while running and it will shut off. This was done by the people that installed my new sound system. No regrets what ever. this remote will even tell you the temp. inside your SSr. Interior cabin temp, I am talking about. plus several other things. I love it. Had it on the 03 I had, could not stand not having system on any longer. Just took this one to the next level with the total sound system upgrade. Can't hardly wait for the navagation to get in so they can get the camera, TV, and the Navagation on board. If you have any other ?'s let me know and I will try to answer. If I don't know I will ask mike at Boomers. I found these peoples Business by word of mouth. Ithink most of the time that is the best advertizement you can have. Just like our SSr's someone copies what you have done to yours is one of the highest forms of flattery you can have. Can you tell I love My SSr. Only thing brside an act of God to make me part with it would be an 07 or 08 with the 427 6 speed auto, Well I would settel for a 5 speed auto. I have shifted all the gears I want to in my lifetime
Bob,

Thanks so much for making the time to reply. Indeed that does sound way cool. I am definately going to go look up that alarm system just as soon as I finish typing this reply.

As far as a 427 goes, I am with you there :thumbs If they introduce a big block SSR, I am all over it :)

Have an awesome week!

My Best,

Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Warning! Thread hijack ahead...

The 427 being hoped for is not a big block. It is the 7 liter small block from the new Z06 Vette.

We now return you to your regular scheduled thread.

BobA, do you know if it is possible to make the top down/remote start stuff works on a 6 speed?

Diggs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Diggs said:
The 427 being hoped for is not a big block. It is the 7 liter small block from the new Z06 Vette.

We now return you to your regular scheduled thread.

BobA, do you know if it is possible to make the top down/remote start stuff works on a 6 speed?

Diggs
Diggs,

I would be happy with the smal block version as well. I have done my research and have ordered my alarm for my 05 6-speed. The answer is yes you can make it work on the six speed. The critical difference is for the remote start option. You need one more relay than is required for the automatic. You need to make certain that when you bypass the clutch safety switch that you wire wire a relay in so that if the neutral safety switch is not engaged the remote start feature will not work. The point being that you NEVER want to crank the starter unless the car is in neutral unfortunately you have to bypass GM's built in safety mechanism which would simulate your pressing the clutch. The goal being that should you leave the car in gear the remote start feature will just plain not function. Other than the above, the system described by Bob will work just fine.

My Best,

Rob
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,920 Posts
Rob,

It is done on an AutoPage #855 alarm system. It is programable for X amount of time to run the top operation which takes 28 to 30 seconds windows and all. Boomers programed remote to send signal for 35 seconds. Truck has to be running without the key in. Botton 2 buttons pushed together lowers windows and top. Bottom left and top right raise top and windows. A series of a couple relays deal with the brake pedal and the button being push the whole time. Pretty neat to watch your own top go up or down. You get some good reactions from people that see this in progress with no one close by. Also has remote start, which is the bottom left button. Pull up to a store, take foot off brake after in park, press and release the remote start button, the alarm red light on the pillar will flash 3 times, turn key to off, take out, go in storeto get a drink or some thing, truck stays runnin to keep cool or warm, or just because you can. Come back out get in truck, put key in and go. We have mine setup for 20 minutes and it will shut off. Just push the remote start button again while running and it will shut off. This was done by the people that installed my new sound system. No regrets what ever. this remote will even tell you the temp. inside your SSr. Interior cabin temp, I am talking about. plus several other things. I love it. Had it on the 03 I had, could not stand not having system on any longer. Just took this one to the next level with the total sound system upgrade. Can't hardly wait for the navagation to get in so they can get the camera, TV, and the Navagation on board. If you have any other ?'s let me know and I will try to answer. If I don't know I will ask mike at Boomers. I found these peoples Business by word of mouth. Ithink most of the time that is the best advertizement you can have. Just like our SSr's someone copies what you have done to yours is one of the highest forms of flattery you can have. Can you tell I love My SSr. Only thing brside an act of God to make me part with it would be an 07 or 08 with the 427 6 speed auto, Well I would settel for a 5 speed auto. I have shifted all the gears I want to in my lifetime

What a great feature to add to the Rs. BobA, do you have a website link for Mike at Boomers? There must be other companies able to complete the remote top and start feature?
 

·
OP
Joined
·
8,251 Posts
What a great feature to add to the Rs. BobA, do you have a website link for Mike at Boomers? There must be other companies able to complete the remote top and start feature?
Bob, sadly, is no longer with us, he tragically died in his SSR some few years back. Go to the "in rememberance" forum to learn more.:sleep

But Boomers is in Tulsa, OK. Boomers Audio - Tulsa, OK 74145 - wholesale audio visual equipment at Matchpoint.com Bob referred me to them shortly after having these upgrades done...He was a very special person.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top