Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving home with the cruise set at 65 MPH (Cops were EVERYWHERE tonight!) and under load the cruise control worked perfect, but coasting downhill, it had a slight surge/buck/cough (pick one). Once it was under a load situation, it worked GREAT again...........

Any ideas?

·
OP
8,225 Posts
That's a new one, but when I had an SSR, the cruise one time really went hard into passing gear when trying to climb a steep hill, then it kinda jerked around to regain speed, never had it occur again after that, then it went to the shop where it still sits. but for other reasons...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I HAD THIS HAPPEN WITH MY 92 VETTE. IT MAXED POWER AND TOOK OFF EVEN WITH BOTH MY FEET PLANTED ON THE BRAKES. AFTER PUSHING A PICKUP FOR 20 YARDS IT STOPPED.I DID A BIT OFF RESEARCH. IT APPEARS THE CRUISE CONTROL SWITCH IF LEFT ON CAN BE INFLUENCED BY A MAGNETIC OR RADIO FLUX OR SOME SORT OF ELECTRONIC INTERFERENCE. LEAVE THE CRUISE CONTROL SWITCH OFF IF YOU ARE NOT IN CRUISE MODE. :nono

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
CoronaDan said:
I HAD THIS HAPPEN WITH MY 92 VETTE. IT MAXED POWER AND TOOK OFF EVEN WITH BOTH MY FEET PLANTED ON THE BRAKES. AFTER PUSHING A PICKUP FOR 20 YARDS IT STOPPED.I DID A BIT OFF RESEARCH. IT APPEARS THE CRUISE CONTROL SWITCH IF LEFT ON CAN BE INFLUENCED BY A MAGNETIC OR RADIO FLUX OR SOME SORT OF ELECTRONIC INTERFERENCE. LEAVE THE CRUISE CONTROL SWITCH OFF IF YOU ARE NOT IN CRUISE MODE. :nono

I was wondering why they even had a cruise on/off button. I turned mine on when I got the truck and have never turned it off......now you made me think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts