Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having the new G/Y GSA's installed on the TOY. Date codes 52+53 17. Watching thru the window, 1 down, 2 down but the Rimblades didn't make it.

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Having the new G/Y GSA's installed on the TOY. Date codes 52+53 17. Watching thru the window, 1 down, 2 down but the Rimblades didn't make it.
:surprise:
I have zero clue as to what you mean about Rimblades. Also not sure as to what size you went with......but the 315/35 ZR20's that went on my rear set, stunned me as to how wide they were before being mounted.

I attended many Drag Strip events as a teenager and saw many dragster "slicks" that were not as wide as what is now on the back of my ride. Easy for me now to understand Mike's comment as to they "stick like glue". Damn.........that wide they ought to get a grip.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:surprise:
I have zero clue as to what you mean about Rimblades. Also not sure as to what size you went with......but the 315/35 ZR20's that went on my rear set, stunned me as to how wide they were before being mounted.

I attended many Drag Strip events as a teenager and saw many dragster "slicks" that were not as wide as what is now on the back of my ride. Easy for me now to understand Mike's comment as to they "stick like glue". Damn.........that wide they ought to get a grip.:grin2:
Rimblades are colored rubber rings that go around wheel. For looks and protects the wheel against curb rash.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
WT RYD;3968962]Rimblades are colored rubber rings that go around wheel. For looks and protects the wheel against curb rash.[/QUOTE]

:grin2:

Other than a rare years ago deal with a particular 'chevy model which I do not recall, I've not seen this (colored ribbon ring) deal.

Actually, I like it and it adds to the total look.:smile2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts