Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading the forum for about a year, just waiting for delivery of my SSR. It was purchased from Hembree Motors in Guntersville, Alabama at dealer recommended price - no inital deposit just the dealers handshake. Anyway the car/truck is great and is number 3472. I elected all available options and would like to have more - such as a navigation system, satellite radio, compass, On Star and an outside tempeture gage. I find the seat controls to be very unhandy and feel they should be located on the console. It is really a show stopper and fun to drive.

T

·
0 Posts
Welcome! I have vin #3473 also Yellow! I am still waiting delivery it is being shipped to me from Idaho to California> I cant wait should be next week!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will enjoy

I have really enjoyed the SSR. It really wants to run so I did not do a proper break-in. Hope it didn't hurt it!!!. It really attracts attention. I am a Century 21 real estate broker and keep it in front of the office to attract attention. It works!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not the worse mistake

Hey, it is not the worse mistake I have ever made. At least I get to drive it. (Smile)

T

·
0 Posts
Hey vrod,

I work for Coldwell Banker Real estate, I was thinking of doing just that - use it in ads, I guess I should have it in Coldwell Banker blue!

T

·
0 Posts
Also Vrod , dont forget if you bought it ( over 6,000 lbs gross weight) does make it a business expense fully deductible the first year!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey VROD,

"such as a navigation system, satellite radio, compass, On Star and an outside temperature gage.""

my wishes exactly but I still totally love my baby (or mistress for the money i'm spending on her!).

I'm just adding a garmin 2160 portable GPS for under $900 and the thing works as good as any in-console model (and it trades between cars).

Rick:cool

·
Registered
168 Posts
GPS

I just looked at an Eclipse AVN2454 touchscreen GPS to go in the double DIN slot of the stock radio. It's about $2500, but pretty cool. Plays AM, FM, DVDs and MP3s, but only holds one CD. The installer says he can use an adapter to tie in the steering wheel controls and that he will do no damage to the car if I want to make it stock again when I sell it. The factory audio system just goes right back.

I was told OnStar is not available on SSRs because there is no place to put the antenna. I guess they like to use the roof of most vehicles. This makes me wonder where I can put the GPS antenna. If I put it in the windshield wiper area it might blend into the black, but in certain situations the windshield might prevent it from seeing the sattelite. I don't want to drill any visible holes. Anyone put a GPS in yet? Where's your antenna?

I suppose Sirius or XM Radio might have the same problem with antenna location. When we by convertibles, we have few places for all these connect-you-to-the-world accessories, I guess. Good thing we have a pretty good little world of our own inside these babies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts