Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Chev SSR
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I’m new member, I just purchased a 2004 SSR with20,000 km, 11,000 miles.
I live in Newfoundland, Canada.
From December to May I live in Florida.
I drove an SSR that was a pace car at the TARGA Newfoundland competition back is Sept 2005. I finally got to buy one this week and am pretty happy about it.
I pick it up when I go back North in May.
Where can I find some video that shows the roof retracting and what’s involved in doing that

thanks
Pete

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,338 Posts
Hellooooo from Cincinnati! Many will follow here with links to help you out. (I would if I knew how to post links).
Just wanted to be the first to say welcome!

·
SSR Believer
1,585 Posts
? Hi Pete and welcome from the Northwest's play land.

Congrats on your entry into a very fun and exclusive motoring experience. There's a huge community of owners here that can help you find parts, troubleshoot issues and otherwise offer great support. Others will chime in with tips and tricks.

With respect to the roof retracting, all it takes is to have the key in the on position, step on the brake and press the roof button in the center console and the magic happens!

In the meantime, here are a few links that you'll find invaluable:

Replacement and after-market parts and accessories from @Mike in AZ:

Trouble shooting and DIY repairs from @Dicktator

SSR DIY and other videos from @shiftz33:

Tell us a little more about yourself and your ride.

Enjoy your PermaGrin when you pick it up next May!

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,624 Posts
WELCOME & CONGRATS, Pete . . . from Southern Arizona.

What's involved with the Roof Retracting? Push the Little Button and . . .

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
43,837 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Pete C

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,737 Posts
Welcome from the North Georgia Mountains
Is this what you are looking for?

Normal Roof Open Cycle

Ignition in “Run” or Engine Running, with truck stopped. Brake must be pressed. Console “open” button pressed. Windows start down. Roof storage compartment unlatches (when windows are 1/3 to 1/2 way down). Windows open fully Roof storage compartment unlatches & opens. Roof unlatches. Roof retracts into the storage compartment Roof storage compartment cover closes and latches. Two “Dings” indicate the open cycle is complete.

·
Registered
2004 Chev SSR
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hellooooo from Cincinnati! Many will follow here with links to help you out. (I would if I knew how to post links).
Just wanted to be the first to say welcome!
Thanks very much. Good to be here.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,353 Posts
Welcome to the family. I have not made it to the Maritimes yet but we had a bunch that got to drive Caliboogie a few years back, while the Mustangs had lunch. When is the best time to try to get to Nova Scotia?

Reactions: Pete C

·
Registered
2004 Chev SSR
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the family. I have not made it to the Maritimes yet but we had a bunch that got to drive Caliboogie a few years back, while the Mustangs had lunch. When is the best time to try to get to Nova Scotia?
I live in Nfld 90 mile ferry ride to get to Nova Scotia June July Aug or even Sept is pretty good. Here is a pic of St Johns Nfld today

·
Registered
2004 Chev SSR
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome from the North Georgia Mountains
Is this what you are looking for?

Normal Roof Open Cycle

Ignition in “Run” or Engine Running, with truck stopped. Brake must be pressed. Console “open” button pressed. Windows start down. Roof storage compartment unlatches (when windows are 1/3 to 1/2 way down). Windows open fully Roof storage compartment unlatches & opens. Roof unlatches. Roof retracts into the storage compartment Roof storage compartment cover closes and latches. Two “Dings” indicate the open cycle is complete.
Thank you. That’s exactly what I wondered

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,353 Posts
Thanks, I'll have to look at a map, as you can see my geography is not great. I only have 6 provinces and 48 states undr my belt so far. Sounds like getting to Alaska which is another place I have not taken my SSR.

Reactions: Firetruck

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Welcome Pete from Southwestern Indiana!!! I suggest sense that you winter in Florida that you get involved with the Florida group. They are very knowledgeable and willing to help with anything to do with the SSr.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Pete ... welcome to the family from the Left Coast of Canada! Great bunch of folks here, with lots of experience with our beloved SSR's.

Enjoy your new ride .... top down of course

1 - 20 of 24 Posts