Chevy SSR Forum banner

New to group

3K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  12Pack 
#1 ·
Hi. I’m new member, I just purchased a 2004 SSR with20,000 km, 11,000 miles.
I live in Newfoundland, Canada.
From December to May I live in Florida.
I drove an SSR that was a pace car at the TARGA Newfoundland competition back is Sept 2005. I finally got to buy one this week and am pretty happy about it.
I pick it up when I go back North in May.
Where can I find some video that shows the roof retracting and what’s involved in doing that

thanks
Pete

#4 ·
? Hi Pete and welcome from the Northwest's play land.

Congrats on your entry into a very fun and exclusive motoring experience. There's a huge community of owners here that can help you find parts, troubleshoot issues and otherwise offer great support. Others will chime in with tips and tricks.

With respect to the roof retracting, all it takes is to have the key in the on position, step on the brake and press the roof button in the center console and the magic happens!

In the meantime, here are a few links that you'll find invaluable:

Replacement and after-market parts and accessories from @Mike in AZ:

Trouble shooting and DIY repairs from @Dicktator

SSR DIY and other videos from @shiftz33:

Tell us a little more about yourself and your ride.

Enjoy your PermaGrin when you pick it up next May!

#7 · (Edited)
Welcome from the North Georgia Mountains
Is this what you are looking for?

Normal Roof Open Cycle

Ignition in “Run” or Engine Running, with truck stopped. Brake must be pressed. Console “open” button pressed. Windows start down. Roof storage compartment unlatches (when windows are 1/3 to 1/2 way down). Windows open fully Roof storage compartment unlatches & opens. Roof unlatches. Roof retracts into the storage compartment Roof storage compartment cover closes and latches. Two “Dings” indicate the open cycle is complete.

#13 ·
Welcome from the North Georgia Mountains
Is this what you are looking for?

Normal Roof Open Cycle

Ignition in “Run” or Engine Running, with truck stopped. Brake must be pressed. Console “open” button pressed. Windows start down. Roof storage compartment unlatches (when windows are 1/3 to 1/2 way down). Windows open fully Roof storage compartment unlatches & opens. Roof unlatches. Roof retracts into the storage compartment Roof storage compartment cover closes and latches. Two “Dings” indicate the open cycle is complete.
Thank you. That’s exactly what I wondered

#11 ·
Welcome to the family. I have not made it to the Maritimes yet but we had a bunch that got to drive Caliboogie a few years back, while the Mustangs had lunch. When is the best time to try to get to Nova Scotia?

Reactions: Pete C
#14 · (Edited)
Thanks, I'll have to look at a map, as you can see my geography is not great. I only have 6 provinces and 48 states undr my belt so far. Sounds like getting to Alaska which is another place I have not taken my SSR.

Reactions: Firetruck
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.