Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum. Just trying to learn all I can about the SSR. If it is not too soon, I have a question.
I want to be able to carry my firearm in my SSR. Is there a company that makes a safe that will fit under the front seat? Also, which website(s) should I look at for SSR accessories. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,146 Posts
Welcome from Houston, TX.

It is never too early to ask questions! You are at the right place to learn about your SSR.

The place to head to look for upgrade parts is: https://shop.simple-engineering.com/main.sc

If you have specific questions, ask away. You can also use the search box in the upper right corner. The first few items returned will be ads, after that it will be links posts tha contain the terms you entered.

- Robert
:sliver:

·
Spirited driver!
1,741 Posts
welcome from Northern California. In reference to your question, it depends on the size of the gun you have. I would look at some like the BullDog personal vault that can be mounted under your seat. Take a look at it on Amazon BullDog Vault

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,594 Posts
Oh, hell yeah!!

WELCOME From HOUSTON, TEXAS!!!

>★★< - Make yourself comfortable, mgeorge557. You're home now!!!

:sunce: :cheer: :cheer: :sunce:​

===============
David :black:

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
49,438 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Slingshot Rules!
77,356 Posts
WELCOME . . . from Southern Arizona.

As for your "Gun Safe" question . . . clueless but might be a little tight as there's already lots of "power seat stuff" under the seats.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,797 Posts
I know someone posted, a while back, about a lock box the were able to fit under the driver seat for their gun. Not quite sure how to do a expeditious search for it. You might be better served by posting that specific question by starting a thread titled " Gun Safe? " or something similar in the Parts Wanted Forum. You might generate an answer from the original poster of the post I saw.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,743 Posts
A couple questions first where are you located and what are the laws for your state? Next is what size gun are you trying to lock up. If it is like here in Missouri we have some places we are not allowed to carry and you may run into a time when you need to temporary store it in the vehicle. I have used one of the small lock boxes with the cable that you can wrap around the seat frame and then it goes back into the box and is secure when the box is locked. I don't consider this to be a safe.

If your state requires it to be locked in a compartment inaccessible from the driver then you are best to use the roof storage compartment for the most secure. If you would put it in the bed keep in mind the bed cover can be opened with the push of the button in the glove box area. The roof compartment has to have the ignition keep on and foot on the brake to gain access.

Lastly how big of a firearm are you trying to hide will be the next problem. I am guessing a conceal carry type so it should be rather small so a lock box might be the best choice. I have seen them used then with a black T shirt shoved in front of them to make them even more hidden. Also wrap the cable in black electrical tape so they are less obvious and won't scratch anything.

All of this is what I have heard, not that I would carry a firearm as I lost mine in a boating accident and it fell in the lake. :grin2:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts