Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does yours have the chrome package? If so, then it is exactly like the one I have had for a few months, except it has 13,000 miles. I feel so inadequate..... On the bright side, the first car show I entered it into a few weeks, I won first place in the 2005 to 2020 truck class.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,900 Posts
That was and is my favorite color combination of all the SSR's. When I looked for mine back in 2014 there were none to be had anywhere. They are very rare. Some folks called them the Tuxedo SSR back then. Second choice was Slingshot Yellow so I bought that.

Reactions: kart3d

·
Registered
4 Posts
Slingshot yellow is my second pick also, although I sent my son to college in 2012 with a red 2005. I wasn't even looking specifically for an SSR, but when I stumbled across the two tone on the internet, I jumped on a plane to Texas go buy it. What is hard to appreciate unless you see it in the sunshine is how well the asphalt black up top highlights the interior black when the top is down and the richochet silver down below plays off the chrome wheels.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,321 Posts
Welcome to the Fanatic Family! Looks like you know all about the PermaGrin! Very nice looking truck! 😉

Reactions: Tx2ga50

·
Registered
2006 SSR Asphalt Black over Ricochet Silver
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Welcome from Northeast Georgia
Thank you. We are over in the Gainesville/cumming area of Lake Lanier. are there events local to our North Georgia Mtns that you can share information with me?

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,314 Posts
Thank you. We are over in the Gainesville/cumming area of Lake Lanier. are there events local to our North Georgia Mtns that you can share information with me?
You might check in with @ssroe . He's at least in the northern part of your state as well.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
361 Posts
If your looking for general cruise-in car show info as opposed to specifically SSR events two resources to keep handy. "South East USA Wheels Events", has had some problems with accuracy what with covid, but who hasn't. Usually a contact phone number available if you click on the event you are interested in. Also "Georgia Cruise-Ins and Car Shows- Facebook". This is a public forum so you need not be a Facebook member. for basic info. I am not & never have been. In your area Saturday 19th there is an event at Holiday Marina on Lake Lanier from 9:00AM-12PM. Then Sunday 27th "CHATEAU ELAN WINERY AND RESORT" is doing an event up in Braselton, not too much of a drive but you gotta pay to get into that one but it comes with Winery perks. Several others if you want to drive a ways.

·
Premium Member
2003 Redline
30 Posts
Hello my fellow Permagrin folks I am new to the forum and the proud new owner of an 06 with 6700 miles on her, Ricochet Silver and Asphalt black, she is a bit conflicted so i have lovingly named her Cruella.
Look forward to driving and enjoying her and getting to know people on the forum.
The only modifications are an upgraded Kenwood head unit, limo tinted windows, wind jammer, and some shoulder and door pads.
Stay safe and live life to the fullest with the top down and a smile on your face.

View attachment 584170 View attachment 584174
The best word I can think of for your SSR is “iconic”. Stunning beauty!

·
Registered
2005 Ricochet Silver over Smokin Asphalt
52 Posts
Hello my fellow Permagrin folks I am new to the forum and the proud new owner of an 06 with 6700 miles on her, Ricochet Silver and Asphalt black, she is a bit conflicted so i have lovingly named her Cruella.
Look forward to driving and enjoying her and getting to know people on the forum.
The only modifications are an upgraded Kenwood head unit, limo tinted windows, wind jammer, and some shoulder and door pads.
Stay safe and live life to the fullest with the top down and a smile on your face.

View attachment 584170 View attachment 584174
Welcome! You have to love the color combo!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts