Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I'm totally new to this web site. I just took deliverly of my 2004 Slingshot Yellow SSR, yesterday afternoon. :)
I've been a member of the TBN, (Thunderbird Nest) web site for the past two years, since I've owned 3 T-Birds, (I traded my 2004 T-Bird on a 2004 SSR). and just joined this SSR web site.
I hope it is a positive place to be, (not like "Porshe Pete's Boxster Board") where all they do is bitch, and gripe, about their (percieved) problems with Boxsters.
That's the most NEGATIVE web site I EVER joined!!!! :nono
And I won't even go there anymore since I sell Porsches for a living! :rolleyes:
I LOVE!!!!! My SSR!!!!
It's my grandfather's 1953 Chevy Pickup, reincarnated to 2004 standards, with a WHOLE LOT MORE!!! :)
I hope the people here are as nice as the TBN web site, and I can make a new batch of friends!
Sincerely.
Sam Fowler

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sam,

Welcome and good luck with your new Baby!

I know that you will find this to be one of the best, knowledgeable, and friendliest sites on the web.

Welcome and Happy New Year!

Rick :party :party

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,650 Posts
Welcome Aboard!

Sam Fowler said:
Hello!
I'm totally new to this web site. I just took deliverly of my 2004 Slingshot Yellow SSR, yesterday afternoon. :) ... I LOVE!!!!! My SSR!!!!
It's my grandfather's 1953 Chevy Pickup, reincarnated to 2004 standards, with a WHOLE LOT MORE!!! :)
I hope the people here are as nice as the TBN web site, and I can make a new batch of friends! Sincerely.
Sam Fowler
Welcome Sam,

To one of the most friendiest and fun sites anywhere! :yesnod We tend to be more like ONE big family here. You will find many of us that feel the same about our SSRs as you do. Hope you might join us and share many of your stories and photos of your new pride and joy!
:seeya

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts
HI Welcome

Hi Sam ... I'm only here a couple weeks my self and have learned alot from the people here. Now is it me, or are half the SSR'S down in Texas! LOOK how many people on this board are from, them there part's.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

I feel like I'm abandoned now... from my TBN friends...since I traded off my T-Bird yesterday! :seeya
I hope the people here are just as NICE!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Sam Fowler said:
Hello!
I'm totally new to this web site. I just took deliverly of my 2004 Slingshot Yellow SSR, yesterday afternoon. :)
I've been a member of the TBN, (Thunderbird Nest) web site for the past two years, since I've owned 3 T-Birds, (I traded my 2004 T-Bird on a 2004 SSR). and just joined this SSR web site.
I hope it is a positive place to be, (not like "Porshe Pete's Boxster Board") where all they do is bitch, and gripe, about their (percieved) problems with Boxsters.
That's the most NEGATIVE web site I EVER joined!!!! :nono
And I won't even go there anymore since I sell Porsches for a living! :rolleyes:
I LOVE!!!!! My SSR!!!!
I hope the people here are as nice as the TBN web site, and I can make a new batch of friends!
Sincerely.
Sam Fowler

Welcome to the site. We do have some people out htere who complain alot. But most love our trucks too. :) Good luck with yours and Happy motoring.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome to our site Sam. Oh yes, you'll hear some griping her as well, but it is constructive griping and we all try to help each other out through our experiences. AND, we'll make up for all you lost on your (ford) site! In fact, you may get rid of all your other T-Birds! Enjoy your new ride, we all do, and every time you get in it, it will seem like the first time!

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
"Howdy" Sam and welcome! Ya' know, REBEL makes a good point. When I picture the stereotypical Texas pickup - it sure ain't no SSR! But it seems alot of the fine folks from the Lone Star State have been taken by this beautiful ride.

As for complaining on this board, there is some - but that is as it should be. Without a little criticism we would never invite improvements. I am afraid though, that I am like the vast majority of the people on this site. When I think about my SSR I get this big stupid grin on my face and can't think of anything to complain about! Hope you catch our "illness".

(OK - I just re-read what I wrote - when I compare myself to the rest of you guys I meant the not complaining part not "the big stupid grin" thing!) :glol

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Welcome to the group and the neighborhood. From Another TexasSSR owner. I think we complain some and drive lots!:lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had been walking my sight hounds past James Woods' place of business!

:seeya As you can see from another thread that my wife took delivery and presented me with a smokin' asphalt 2004 SSR on Christmas (I had been walking my hounds past James' dealership for quite a while now!)! :jester

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I'm glad to be a member of this web site! :seeya
It's funny, I had a couple of my friends tell me that if I traded my T-Bird for a SSR, they didn't even want to talk to me... :mad
One of them came over today, and took me to lunch for my birthday, (January, 5th), and at first he had a fit, when he saw it in my covered parking space at my condo, then after we drove to lunch, HE wanted to drive it! :thumbs
I parked it in front of the "El Fenix" in Fort Worth, and we got a table where I could watch it. I SWEAR there wasn't ONE single customer who parked in front who DIDN'T walk out of their way to look at it! :)
On the way home he asked to drive it, so it won him over too! :flag
He even asked to drive it home to make his wife think he'd bought it. (He's a lousey driver when he's sober, and since he'd had a few, I refused. :rolleyes:
I've NEVER had a personalized license plate in my entire life on a car, and I trade cars about every 7 months, but I think I want one on this one. ;)
I just have to figure out what I want to select. :confused

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey, Sam I'm a newer member as well. I took delivery of my 04 Slingshot Yellow SSR on Christmas Eve. Giving up my 2002 SLK 230 for this beauty, but I'm certain it will be worth the trade off. So far I can't get enough of my new truck and my neighbors are envious. I enjoy this site, much better than the MB-Forums. I've learned alot about our SSR's in the short time I've been on baord. Good luck. Gerry W-Wind Lake, Wisconsin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts