Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received this RC car I found online today. Look at the rear spear (found on the prototype, I think) and check out the the date printed on the bottom! Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
it's only money...........Vetteman makes a nice [replacement].........for what Gm didn't do. It was the first after market part I bought. I saw one on an ssr on an ebay auction........I knew when/if I got an SSr that would come next. If you only buy one thing for outside of your ssr that has to be it?

Birdmans

·
Super Moderator
13,978 Posts
I have :silver: :purple: & :yellow: Concepts (not RC) - same rear end with back up lights in the bumper and the rear spear.
Yours does not have the mirrors at the top of the A-Pillar - they may have broken off while off-roading (or never there)
Mine are Maesto - made in Thailand

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have
&
Concepts (not RC) - same rear end with back up lights in the bumper and the rear spear.
Yours does not have the mirrors at the top of the A-Pillar - they may have broken off while off-roading (or never there)
Mine are Maesto - made in Thailand
I'd say never there, no indication or mark where they may have been. What do you make of the date "2000" on the bottom. Were they licensed that long before actual production in 2003?

·
Premium Member
6,376 Posts
I'd say never there, no indication or mark where they may have been. What do you make of the date "2000" on the bottom. Were they licensed that long before actual production in 2003?
Yes most of the SSR die casts were licensed and sold long before production started in 2003!

:smile2::black:

·
Spirited driver!
1,593 Posts
The SSR was revealed as a concept at the 2000 Detroit auto show. Many of the die casts used the 2000 year moniker.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I knew you guys had the answer. Always something new to learn. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,978 Posts
Yes most of the SSR die casts were licensed and sold long before production started in 2003!

:smile2::black:
I also have two 1/32 models for the Kenworth Transport - they both have 2000 on them (made in China)
The 1/18 Concepts have 2000 on them
I have 2 Redline Regular Production 1/32 - they have 2004 stamped on the underbody

1 - 8 of 8 Posts