Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received this RC car I found online today. Look at the rear spear (found on the prototype, I think) and check out the the date printed on the bottom! Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,386 Posts
I have :silver: :purple: & :yellow: Concepts (not RC) - same rear end with back up lights in the bumper and the rear spear.
Yours does not have the mirrors at the top of the A-Pillar - they may have broken off while off-roading (or never there)
Mine are Maesto - made in Thailand

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have
&
Concepts (not RC) - same rear end with back up lights in the bumper and the rear spear.
Yours does not have the mirrors at the top of the A-Pillar - they may have broken off while off-roading (or never there)
Mine are Maesto - made in Thailand
I'd say never there, no indication or mark where they may have been. What do you make of the date "2000" on the bottom. Were they licensed that long before actual production in 2003?

·
Super Moderator
14,386 Posts
I'd say never there, no indication or mark where they may have been. What do you make of the date "2000" on the bottom. Were they licensed that long before actual production in 2003?
Yes most of the SSR die casts were licensed and sold long before production started in 2003!

:smile2::black:
I also have two 1/32 models for the Kenworth Transport - they both have 2000 on them (made in China)
The 1/18 Concepts have 2000 on them
I have 2 Redline Regular Production 1/32 - they have 2004 stamped on the underbody

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.