Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got these pics back, 19x8.5 front and 20x11 rear, tires are stock sizes. whadda think?

·
Registered
893 Posts
One set of Bitchin Wheels

That is one set of Bitchin wheels........Ok Who, What back spacing......the whole 9 yard..........I love them........or can't ya tell :cheers

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,205 Posts
I had looked at these

when I was searching for my wheels. They've got a nice look, but just not what I was after. Don't take it the wrong way, they just didn't fit the style I wanted.

If you're happy with them, that's all that matters.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Wow

Those look like the HRE model 647R wheels with polished centers and standard center caps. However they do not have the ring of screws for the three piece forged wheel assembly. Nice look.

I am looking at the HRE wheels for a 2007 SSR. I'm waiting for the catalog and pictures to arrive. This is like a preview.

:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wheels are single piece forgings, they start out at almost 100 lbs and are machined down to about 25 for the 20x11's.
john

·
Registered
349 Posts
I really like the larger offset in the rear wheels compared to the front. That's where the factory blew it with the stock offering. These after-markets look more aggressive when they emphasize the extra width in the rear. :thumbs

·
Registered
178 Posts
So let me get this straight, because I don't know jack about wheels and tires and such, but how can you use stock tires with 20 x 11 rears (one inch wider than stock? or 8.5" fronts, .5" bigger than stock?

Jusrt wondering cus i don't know.

Thanks

Coz

·
Registered
442 Posts
Coz, Yes, he can use stock tires on wider rims but those wider rims are also increasing his chances for wheel damage because now, the already too-small amount of protection given by the tires sticking out so little from the wheels is decreased even further. I always go with wider and usually taller than stock tires and that way, if a curb is hit when parking or making rt turns, the wheel does not suffer expensive damage. Bottom line is those wheels are gorgeous and just begging to be damaged because of almost no tire protection. If you live where there are no curbs ---- no issue.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
The wheels look SUPER and so does that shine! Looks like a black mirror!

That is one head-turning SSR you have there!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts