Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you that expressed interest in what the setup was on a couple of ssr’s seen at Daytona & Maggie Valley I am going to attempt to share this for one of the owners.
1” thick 6x5 to a 6x5 1/2 Bolt pattern for front and a 2 1/4” thick 6x5 to a 6x5 1/2 bolt pattern for the rear adaptors

Attachments

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,323 Posts
Thanks for sharing. When I saw those at MV they really stood out. Whomever came up with the idea - Nice Work!

Just amazing that after 15 years people still come up with really cool ideas for modifying and making the truck more unique.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
looks great

·
Super Moderator
13,973 Posts
Saw the pictures on the Maggie thread - at the time sort of thought one couple may have owned both
Look real nice

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,168 Posts
For those of you that expressed interest in what the setup was on a couple of ssr’s seen at Daytona & Maggie Valley I am going to attempt to share this for one of the owners.
1” thick 6x5 to a 6x5 1/2 Bolt pattern for front and a 2 1/4” thick 6x5 to a 6x5 1/2 bolt pattern for the rear adaptors
Love the wheels but no adapters for this guy. From my garage days too many horror stories.

·
Premium Member
9,352 Posts
Love the wheels but no adapters for this guy. From my garage days too many horror stories.
I'm on the same wave length. Nice wheel, but no chance I would ever use spacers or bolt pattern adapters.

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Bolt Pattern

6X5 bolt pattern is available for a lot of custom wheels.
or you can have them drilled for 6X5 special order.

It would offset cost of adapters....
24" wheel with 6X5 pattern & 33" tire
My 2 cents:nerd:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
While I would prefer a wheel with the correct pattern, todays spacers and bolt pattern adapters are not the sloppy cast aluminum junk of yesteryear. You can buy adapters now that are hub centric billet aluminum the that fit just like they are a part of the wheel. If you think about it, a 1 ton Dually hub extension is not really any different than a bolt on spacer and these have been used for many years with loads far exceeding what we will do with our trucks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts