Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There has been very little discussion about installing a windshield banner. I want to share the method if installation that was given to me by the owner of the vinyl shop that makes all sorts of vinyl stuff, including whole storefront window wraps. He is amazing.

He showed me how to install the windshield banner I had made for my SSR. He made it look so easy...... I am compelled to share....... Using a squeegee instead of your hand is best. You can also use a hotel room key.

Below are the steps that you can do if you are installing a banner like mine. It is already curved to match the windshield and cut to have just the right spacing across the top and on both sides.

If you have any questions, just drop me a PM or an email to [email protected]

Regards all,

Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,300 Posts
Hey Mike
Received my banner and will be installing this weekend .
Thanks for the directions, you made it look easy.
I will leave feed back and pictures when completed.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Yup. That's pretty much how it's done. However, the devil is in the details. First rule of vinyl application... MEASURE TWICE, stick once. Also, it's a good idea to use a squeegee when you first apply the vinyl. You want to reduce the chance of any air bubbles as you apply the vinyl. Using your hand can provide uneven pressure. You want a good plastic straight edge with nice, firm, slow pressure. If you do get a bubble or two, stick the bubble with a needle to release the air. Then carefully press the bubble lightly. Really tiny bubbles will go away on there own as the vinyl wants to lay flat on it's own. Be careful once you remove the backing. The adhesive vinyl is VERY tacky. If it sticks to something you don't want it to, it may not come off in a re-useable fashion. And finally, take your time. I always like to say, It's easy to apply vinyl, but it's even easier to mess it up.

Wizzr

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Wait, does this thread suggest the one year wait is over & the new SSR front window is now available?

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Wait, does this thread suggest the one year wait is over & the new SSR front window is now available?
I know this is an old thread, but I still have not been able to get Pilkington to change their mold.

Oh... and yes...... I have some windshield banners

Mike

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,137 Posts
Email sent Mike! :wink2:

·
AZ SSR Daily Driver
496 Posts
Mikey, I’ll take one if still available..thank you

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,885 Posts
Ha! I can't even get the "Fanatic.com" decal on !!!!! :cry:mad2::banghead

Nick

·
AZ SSR Daily Driver
496 Posts
Hi Scott,

I’m traveling this week, but will be home before Saturday. Put me on your calendar and plan to drop by the house on Saturday morning.....

Regards buddy....
Ha! I too am traveling so I will see you when we ar both back!

Safe travels Mike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts