Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) :) :) :) :)

For all you SSR fans out there, you must watch or at least record Dick Clark on New Years Eve. Chevy is bringing out there new commercials for next year, starting on this show. They will be featuring the SSR in the commercials.

Wait till you see what they do with a yellow SSR. Awesome!!!!

Enough said, Don't want to give it away.

:cool :cool :cool :cool :cool :cool :cool :cool :cool :cool :cool

Wait till you see the new Billboard promotions!!!!!!!!!

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Life Size Billboard?

Has anybody come across a life size Yellow SSR billboard? A press release from GM metions them. If so - photos posted here would be nice... GM's new theme - an American Revolution!!!

"So on New Year's Eve, Chevrolet will introduce a multimillion-dollar campaign, with the tagline "An American Revolution," that intends to make the vehicles the stars.

The company will introduce "Car Carrier" - an ad directed by the feature film director Michael Bay ("Bad Boys II," "Pearl Harbor," "Armageddon") - as the sole advertiser on "Dick Clark's Primetime New Year's Rockin' Eve" with six 60-second spots. The newlyweds, Jessica Simpson and Nicholas Lachey, hosts of the Los Angeles portion of the show, will arrive in an SSR, Chevrolet's new pickup roadster. In addition, five 60-second spots will be shown during MTV's "New Year's Eve Pajama Party," and there will be spots on the David Letterman and Jay Leno late-night talk shows, along with two electronic billboard ads in Times Square.

Beginning today, the outdoor board campaign begins in 34 major markets on about 250 boards across the country featuring a yellow SSR.

The "Car Carrier" ad, which was unveiled yesterday, will run exclusively until Jan. 12, when individual vehicle spots will begin. The spot will also run nationwide in movie theaters beginning Jan. 1 and will appear for that day only on Yahoo.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Billboard

I saw a Chevy SSR billboard leaving Philly a couple of days ago. No way to get a picture of it while driving because you're on a bridge as you pass it.

It has a yellow SSR facing forward with the words "American Revolution" at the bottom. I think the "e" in revolution was capitalized and in a different color (maybe to emphasize Evolution).

It is surrounded by dozens of other billboards including 4 or 5 other cars, so it didn't really stand out.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Car Carrier Ad

Go to the link below and then click on Watch the "Car Carrier" TV spot to see either a 1 or 2 minute version of the spot that will air tonight on New Year's Rockin' Eve

http://www.chevrolet.com/ssr/

Have fun and enjoy! and Happy New Year to All !!!!!!!!:cool :lol :lurk

N

·
0 Posts
Kwhopper89, there's a full size billboard on northbound 880 out of San Jose heading towards Fremont. It's the side view of a yellow SSR. It has been there for about a week.

Also you can check out some pics at http://www.wieck.com/public/index.html enter ssr in the search. You'll see pics of a yellow ssr as it was filmed in the car carrier ad plus many others. Also a pic of the billboard shot I described above. They are not big or high rez though :(

Thanks to all who posted links.

Kwhopper89, check your PM. (Go to the Chevy SSR Fanatic page, your name appears at the bottom, it should show you have a message).

·
Registered
705 Posts
Villa Park Illinois on North avenue. around address 401 East North Ave Villa Park IL, 60181. If I'm there again, I'll take it a picture. My son l=pointed it out to me. Nice but not worth the trip if you don't live in the vicinity.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Dropped transmission

I dropped my transmission trying that TV commercial stunt......just kidding. But that was a cool commercial.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts