Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
]whoop we just purchased a 2004 black SRR, 13000 miles on it and we love it!! We are trying to decide if we want to park it except for sunny Sunday drives. Or enjoy it every day. What are your thoughts?

happy mama

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,376 Posts
Welcome from the North Georgia Mountains.
Make sure what items need to be added are, if it is an automatic shift linkage, ABS heat shield, etc...
Then check the air pressure and drive the wheels off of it!

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
2004Ssr2019, mama, ha! ha!-- you could drive it on Sundays ANNNND, buy another one for daily use !?! BTW, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership, you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner, read and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
]whoop we just purchased a 2004 black SRR, 13000 miles on it and we love it!! We are trying to decide if we want to park it except for sunny Sunday drives. Or enjoy it every day. What are your thoughts?

happy mama
:00000732: :00000732: :00000732: Had our 04 Slingshot Yellow SSR only 3 days and it already needs new front "tars" and an alignment ...WHY, because we have driven it so much this past Saturday, Sunday & today. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Was up at 4 this morning morning "On The Road Again" Get the picture "whoop" or "happy mama" or whatever your Handle is. I'm tryin' to tell you something ... DRIVE IT !!! tennesseecozydog :yellow:

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
37,007 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!:00000732:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would drive it, although in somewhat better weather. If it's a long road trip, then you get the weather you get.

I saved my 1995 Corvette roadster and for what? So the next guy could get a lower mileage car? The difference in selling price between lower mileage and normally driven Corvette was negligible. MORE MILES MORE SMILES.

Also, I don't know how old you are, but when my SSR gets sold, I'm not really going to care!

BRG Tim

·
Premium Member
25,555 Posts
Welcome from Canada! :cheers

Congrats on your new SSR :black: nice colour just a little more cleaning :thumbs

enjoy the permagrin!

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Welcome aboard from the ‘Sooner’ state of Oklahoma. If you don’t drive it on a regular basis, you will never get that ‘permagrin’ that everyone talks about. We hope you and your wife will try to make it to the international rally coming up in October in Branson, MO. This will be a great opportunity to put faces with names that you see out here on the forum. Truly a friendly bunch of folks.
:00000732:

·
Ret. Air Force
3,646 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and
Welcome to family from Middle Georgia.

To answer your question, I must first ask you a question...do you own a museum?
If you answer as I expect you will; I say HECK NO, DO NOT PARK IT AND LOOK AT IT...
...you can always do that when your SSR takes it's last breath (many years from now)!!

DRIVE IT (as Ron @shakatak said "like you stole it!!")
Agree with @BRG Tim too, what are you saving it for, so the next owner can have a low mileage R?
If you do that, make sure you charge them storage and maintenance fees! LOL

Glad you've joined us. Hope to see you in Branson MO this October for the 2019 International SSR Rally
Here is the Link if you are interested in meeting your new family.

:party

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
30 Participants
C-SSR
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing