Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just picked up a 2004 SSR. I love it..30k miles. Looking to restore the rubber on the Running boards.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,638 Posts
A Big Hearty Welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
49,471 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
My First Permagrin !
572 Posts
Hi welcome from NJ
I cleaned the black rubber on the boards real good and used I think it was called back to black restore . If you do search on this site a lot of your questions have come up in the past . Dave

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,928 Posts
Helloooooo from Cincinnati! Mine were just done a month or so ago while it was at the bodyshop. They still look great even though they were all chalky beforehand. Someone will chime in with the process soon I'm sure. You've found a very helpful bunch in the Fanatics!

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Welcome from Ponchatoula LA.

Welcome sent you a Personal Message

"Long may you run with you R shinning in the sun":grin2:

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,887 Posts
Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever! -----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then when you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
Slingshot Rules!
77,375 Posts
WELCOME . . . from Southern Arizona.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
Have SSR...will travel!!
1,321 Posts
Welcome from The Colony, Texas!!

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Running Board Restoration

Welcome from Tennessee!!

The black surface on my running boards had a dry chalky appearance when I adopted the :ssr a few months ago. My guess is its due to some form of wax application. I used Mother's Back to Black. Applied by hand liberally with multiple passes. After about 15 minutes removed the excess. They now appear fresh as new.

Boomer Bob

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Just a tip, I had the white chaulky look too my running board rubber, I got a tip from another Member and will pass it on too You. Mr. Clean Erasers, wet it down like it says, scrub the rubber and the white will disappear. Once you do that, then apply the Back to Black, let it soak in and then use your microfiber cloth to buff it off. rubber will look good as new.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts