Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:
Well the time has come to trade in the Vette and get an SSR. I live in Iowa and visted to local dealer they had a loaded 2005 for $49K. Got it down to $41. Still seems a bit high for an 05.

Any suggestions for price on an 05 or 06 would be appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from you and all of you have a Merry Christmas. :)

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Timbrr said:
Hi all:
Well the time has come to trade in the Vette and get an SSR. I live in Iowa and visted to local dealer they had a loaded 2005 for $49K. Got it down to $41. Still seems a bit high for an 05.

Any suggestions for price on an 05 or 06 would be appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from you and all of you have a Merry Christmas. :)
Welcome aboard. Sounds like they are in the ballpark with you. I'd do it again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
05 Ssr

Two local Chevy dealers ( Hampton Roads Area in Virginia) had 05 SSR with MSRP of 50,200 advertised for 40,000, excluding tax, title and license fees.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Timbrr, I have a '98 Vette that I posted about trading in myself a couple of weeks ago. These guys and gals on the forum are really nice and responsive to your questions. I'm in your same boat though, dude. I would have one by now... but man it's hard to find an aqua blur 6 speed for around $30K. Wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Timbrr said:
Hi all:

If its exactly what you want, color and options, do it. I'm telling you after you drive it awhile, you would fell like you should have paid more.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Timbrr said:
Hi all:

All I can say is that I got an 06 for 41K and you can do better on an 05. I bet you if you do your homework you'll find out that vehicle that's an 05 was made in 04 and is probably a year or more old. Check by the VIN and ask to see the dealers invoice. Forget whats on the window and make sure you check the RED TAG price. They can do better than the RED TAG price believe me. For the price of an 06 you get more options than in 05 and at a lower price. There are plenty of SSR's out there so look around. Believe me they want to get rid of these vehicles because some of them have been sitting for so long. Play hardball because it's a buyers market. Plus this is suppose to be the last year for the SSR; the Lansing Craft Center is closing in 06. Good Luck. This is the site for all of the information you need.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hello, I signed up as a SSRfanatic after reading about the calendar that will be available. At the time I did not have a SSR. I have desired the machine since reading about it as a concept. In 2001. I thought the timing would be right and Chevy gave notice the vehicle would be delayed. Disappointed.I needed a business vehicle and bought a Toyota, Tacoma instead. It was the first Toyota I ever owned and it was a good pickup, but I kept watching info about the SSR. My local Chevy dealer had me on a call list when they got the first one, late 03-smokin asphalt-I watched it off load from the transport truck. I was astonished Chevy wanted so much money for it and could not help but think it needed the vette motor. Needless to say the dream of owning an SSR seemed to be just a dream. When the big rebates hit the 04's in early 05 I lost any desire for the 5.3 powered SSR and was very happy Chevy put the Vette motor in the SSR, but still not affordable to me-45k!!!Late 05 and I'm watching ebay, local adds and start to see the 05's starting to come down in price. I think the price of gas has something to do with it, but I'm shopping to see if I can get the dream machine. Start looking for the Aqua blur 05 6-spd, with 6-disc changer and tow package. Few weeks ago Pete Moore Chevrolet in Pensecola, Fl. had one on ebay with no reserve and I bid it to 31,300. In the last minute I lost it by 100 bucks! Being the good salesmen they are, the guys at Pete Moore called me to see if they could sell me a red one. I told them my story about what I was looking for, and 2 weeks later I got a call they had one for 31,600 and I was first choice if I wanted it. I gave them a deposit on the phone-drove the Toyota pickup from Jacksonville to Pensecola this past Friday, traded it, and drove back Saturday in my 2005 Aqua Blur, 6-spd. AND I LOVE IT! I have never owned a vehicle that drives so nice. I love how comfortable the seats are. The stereo is GREAT! I am using it as a business vehicle and will drive it everyday. I still am in shock over the amount this vehicle was discounted. MSRP was 47,500.00 and I got it for 31,600, less my trade, plus tax came to $21, 454.53. Had 5,600 miles on it-I turned over 6100 today. If anyone is looking for a SSR, I certainly would check with Pete Moore Chevrolet in Pensecola, Fl. and talk to Anthony in the used car dept. This guy will work for you. Thanks for letting me give this info and THANK YOU CHEVROLET for building the SSR! And I did order the calendar before I bought the SSR!

·
Registered
2005 SSR
436 Posts
Here in Washington

Here the Red Tag special is $39400. There is a factory $5000 cash bonus making it $34400 for the 05. Plus it is suggested there is another $2000 off for those willing to haggle for it. That's $32400.

Why would Washington have that and no where else?

Life is short
Drive a Hot Rod
Skip

·
Premium Member
6,379 Posts
Jim, even thou it had some miles on it you got a heck of a deal! My salesmen says no way he could come even close to that price on a new SSR. The guy that traded it in must of took a hell of a loss$$$$$$$.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,194 Posts
Glad to have you Jim

jim_king,

Wonderful story on how you have come to be a fellow passionate owner. I think this truck is one of the best kept (although not intentionally) secrets in the industry. What a ride. Debbie and I are in love with our:ssr and I'm sure you are with yours too.

I said before that my wife, the non-material girl, has admitted that she has never gotten this much pleasure from owning anything. wow.

Anyway, I didn't intend to hijack the thread, just wanted to welcome you to the best bunch of mixed nuts on the net.:jester

Mike:thumbs

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I'm not real familiar with the GM auction program, but I understand that my SSR was used by another chevy dealer as a demo and put it in this GM auction program for other GM dealers to bid/buy it. I guess Pete Moore guys watch this situation closely, and I found out they got it for 27,900.00 through this program plus transportation costs. That still is one heck of a discount , though. It also showed me which dealers are willing to work for a sale. I talked with 3 local chevy dealers about what I was looking for and they all were to greedy to either give a proper trade allowance or sell a SSR for a price I could afford. One guy had the nerve to say my Toyota needed 2000.00 worth of transmission work and they reduced the trade accordingly. Yes, I told them thank you and left.

·
Premium Member
6,379 Posts
Timbrr said:
Hi all:

Unlesss you can find one thats not so loaded up or one with some miles on it are 2 ways to get the price down!

Scott 0168

·
Registered
182 Posts
Red Tag Price

From What I have been told at the dealer red tag includes all rebates!

2005 SSR's are going NEW in the Low 30's all over the country. Negotiate and if you can't find it at one dealer move to the next and be sure to let them know your serious!

All the Best

Tom

·
Registered
31 Posts
ssr pricing

Timbrr said:
Hi all:

i just picked a 05 aqua blurr 6 speed, chrome pkg, loaded, with 7200 miles on it
in conn. for 29450.00 and they delivered it 260 miles to maine for 300.00.
keep looking there are more deals out there.---don't let shipping be an
obstical.

good luck.

frank

·
Registered
124 Posts
oldsledz said:
i just picked a 05 aqua blurr 6 speed, chrome pkg, loaded, with 7200 miles on it
in conn. for 29450.00 and they delivered it 260 miles to maine for 300.00.
keep looking there are more deals out there.---don't let shipping be an
obstical.

good luck.

frank

I didn't know you could get a chrome package on an 05. Did you mean Chrome Wheels?

·
Registered
26 Posts
My SSR

Some of you may remember that I ordered a new red 2006 on 9/30. The build date kept changing for all the reasons we know.
Got notified by my dealer last week that it was built and waiting in Lansing for a rail car. My salesman called today to tell me that it has made it to Jessup, MD and is now waiting for a transport to bring it the last leg.
It may be here by Friday but next week for sure!

Happy holidays everyone!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts