Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here, just looking to maybe add an SSR to the empty garage space at our home in Louisiana. Looking for purple, probably, (might consider yellow), low miles, chrome, automatic (?), good shape, hopefully within driving distance from Baton Rouge, LA. Cash buyer.

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
First off Louisiana Man (I thought Conway Twitty said it was Louisiana Woman - Mississippi Man :smile2:) :00000732: :00000732: :00000732: to the SSRfanatic web site and hopefully very soon you will be a Card Carryin' Member of the SSRfanatic Family !!! "Looking for Purple" check the posts ... celeste in Columbus, Ohio, has what appears to be a nice low mileage one for sale. (all Ultra Violet SSR's are Automatic). Your chances of finding one in your area are fairly slim but ... you never know, one might be just be across town or in neighboring "Laffy -ette" Hammond or way up north in Shreveport. :smile2:

Ultra Violet ones can be scarce as they only made 1,300 of them and they made 5,181 Slingshot Yellow ones. Hang on to that coffee can full of cash cause I gotta' fellin' your 2018 Christmas present is closer than you think !!! :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

Got 2 good friends in Baton "Rougie" Gary Warrington (cousin) and Will Wade (basketball coach at LSU) tennesseecozydog :ssr Again :00000732:

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Welcome from LA.

Welcome,

PLEASE don't be fooled into thinking a low mileage R will give you better service than a well maintained R with 40 + thousand miles. Be sure the tires are less than 4 years old and that the R has ALL the recommended upgrades including but not limited to the shift cable bushing, new ignition switch, steel radiator support, ABS System Heat Shield and a few more HIGHLY recommend things we R owners have found to be done.

You should also read the tech section and the "How to Repair" library of the Forum as you look for your special R. This will help you know what to look for and ask the current owner, when you check each R out.

All the very best and Long may you Run with your R shinning in the sun. It's OK to drive it in the rain BUT don't tell the other guys.:sunce:

·
Premium Member
3,370 Posts
Imo

It depends what you are looking for. Ultra Violet has a 5.3 and an auto by the year they were made.

Slingshots can be had in years where you can get a 6 spd and a 6.0. To me low mileage is less than 5000 miles per year. That means 60,000 miles would be low miles, but driven.

Good luck with your quest. There is good advice above, also on the Newbie must have post.

Good luck and do your research before you buy. I bought mine five years ago. I am now close to getting it as I want it.

IMO

Dave

·
Daily Driver
8,949 Posts
Welcome to the family Louis&Anna Man. :lol
You're looking at a good time because there's some great deals on the market now, especially if you expand your color horizons a little.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,580 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,496 Posts
Louisiana Man, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever! -----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive, when you get it, . Then when you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

BTW--you can see we are HALF partial to Ultra Violet!

Nick & Kathy

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,414 Posts
Let's get better acquainted Lousy-ana Man!! - :smile2:

You have a bunch of SSR neighbors close by so don't be a stranger and let us know more about you & what you're looking for ~~~ WE CAN HELP YOU LOOK!!!! - :smile2:

And btw.......
Welcome from Houston, TEXAS!!!!!!!

================
David :black:

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the family from Warner Robins, GA.
Hope to see your Permagrin and SSR at a Rally soon!!
Good luck with the search!!

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
welcome

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Welcome,

PLEASE don't be fooled into thinking a low mileage R will give you better service than a well maintained R with 40 + thousand miles. Be sure the tires are less than 4 years old and that the R has ALL the recommended upgrades including but not limited to the shift cable bushing, new ignition switch, steel radiator support, ABS System Heat Shield and a few more HIGHLY recommend things we R owners have found to be done.

You should also read the tech section and the "How to Repair" library of the Forum as you look for your special R. This will help you know what to look for and ask the current owner, when you check each R out.

All the very best and Long may you Run with your R shinning in the sun. It's OK to drive it in the rain BUT don't tell the other guys.:sunce:
"RedHotSSR" Your first sentence is best said and is exactly correct !!! Maintenance and upgrades are much more important than low mileage. I wouldn't hesitate one minute in purchasing an SSR with 75, 85 or even a 100,000 miles that has been WELL MAINTAINED and with all the HIGHLY RECOMMENDED UPGRADES completed. I'm not scared of mileage, but I am scared of sorry maintenance and no upgrades. Look at all the Guys & Gals that have way over a 100,000 miles on their SSR's (BlueStreak for instance)

Your post is very well put ... and I agree !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
It depends what you are looking for. Ultra Violet has a 5.3 and an auto by the year they were made.

Slingshots can be had in years where you can get a 6 spd and a 6.0. To me low mileage is less than 5000 miles per year. That means 60,000 miles would be low miles, but driven.

Good luck with your quest. There is good advice above, also on the Newbie must have post.

Good luck and do your research before you buy. I bought mine five years ago. I am now close to getting it as I want it.

IMO

Dave
"That means 60,000 miles would be low miles, but driven" VERY WELL SAID, Dave, and IT IS THE TRUTH !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr (78,000 miles) :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

·
Premium Member
36,792 Posts
Welcome from Canada! :cheers

Good luck on your quest to find yours.

03/04 come with 5.3, regular gas and 300 hp

05/06 come with 6.0, premium gas and 400 hp

Purple only came in 04 and only 1300 made. Would also decide what options you want running boards, chrome rims, carpeted cargo area with the wood slots and gauge package.

Would not be afraid on the distance you have to go, just get the one you want and would drive home from there and you will have great lifetime memories.

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,540 Posts
Red.....Red.....Red......Red.....I'm not sure if this is subliminal or not! Well whatever color you choose (red) is fine with us, your new fanatic family! Welcome!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts