Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, I purchased a Yellow 2006 with low miles and most options and/or accessories except for the chrome package (I am missing three parts for the full package, the steering wheel, the right-hand (passenger side) chrome door handle, and the automatic transmission selector knob).

I own a Factory Red 1967 390/427 Corvette Roadster (hence my forum "name"), a 1957 BelAir Convertible, a 59 Series 62 Cadillac Convertible, and 70 GTO 455 Convertible (all restored). Looking forward to joining the South Florida crowd.

A basic question, I saw in the forum, as I was doing my due diligence, that a thread mentioned that the chrome package pieces are really the silver ones and that the silver color has to be gently removed with some abrassive media. If that is the case, can I do that work to my silver right-hand door handle? And can someone point me to a thread (if there is one). Guillermo

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,505 Posts
I am a new member from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, I purchased a Yellow 2006 with low miles and most options and/or accessories except for the chrome package (I am missing three parts for the full package, the steering wheel, the right-hand (passenger side) chrome door handle, and the automatic transmission selector knob).

I own a Factory Red 1967 390/427 Corvette Roadster (hence my forum "name"), a 1957 BelAir Convertible, a 59 Series 62 Cadillac Convertible, and 70 GTO 455 Convertible (all restored). Looking forward to joining the South Florida crowd.

A basic question, I saw in the forum, as I was doing my due diligence, that a thread mentioned that the chrome package pieces are really the silver ones and that the silver color has to be gently removed with some abrassive media. If that is the case, can I do that work to my silver right-hand door handle? And can someone point me to a thread (if there is one). Guillermo
try reading here, at your own risk of course!

Reactions: richsadams

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
5,633 Posts
@67427, You are in a State with great support. @soren703 will chime in. Meantime---Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for the "How To Library" OneDrive

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
05 Ricochet. 3rd one for fun
255 Posts
Welcome Guillermo! Great name. I don’t think that there’s any chrome under those satin trim pieces. I look forward to seeing photos of your rides.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
5,032 Posts
Another Ohio "Buckeye" Welcome! ❤

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
1,165 Posts
Welcome Guillermo! Great name. I don’t think that there’s any chrome under those satin trim pieces. I look forward to seeing photos of your rides.
There is chrome under the satin pieces but it takes time and someone with experience on a buffing wheel so you do not burn thru them. I currently have the steering wheel pieces and my shift plate that one of the Rgang members buffed out for me.

·
SSR Believer
2,805 Posts
👋 Hi and welcome from the Pacific Northwest playground!

There's a huge community of owners here, many in your area. Check the pin map (linked below). Otherwise there are folks from all over the world here that can help you find parts, troubleshoot issues and otherwise offer great support. Here are a few links that you'll find invaluable:

SSR replacement, aftermarket parts and accessories, repair tips, DIY videos and solutions:

Fun for SSR Newbies:

Trouble shooting and DIY repairs from @Dicktator

SSR DIY and other videos from @rcg530:

You can find other Fanatics and add your location to the SSR Pin Map:

Forum FAQ - finding your way around and how it all works

As Nick suggests, when you have a moment, tell us a little more about yourself and your SSR.

Enjoy your PermaGrin and don't be a stranger!

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 Silver SSR with Strips. Owned 16yrs. Start 9K, now 159K miles
13,877 Posts
You are now a FLORIDA CHAPTER FANATIC! Welcome!

254 SSR Fanatics in Florida!

NO Dues!
NO Meetings!
NO Rules!

Watch Florida Forum, we have our own.

Dicktator

1 - 20 of 27 Posts