Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Daily Driver
8,949 Posts
So they are saying if I'd put mine away and only put a couple thousand miles on it I might be able to sell it for what I paid or a little more.

Miss the miles of smiles? Screw that! I bought it because that's what I wanted to drive, all the time, every damn day. I'm not a collector, I'm a driver.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Interesting decent read. I think I'll continue to drive mine and not worry about what its worth
Exactly. Mine won't be going anywhere but down the road with my old butt in the seat. I wanted one when they came out,now I have it,I'm going to drive it. Permegrin :grin2:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I most confess that when I bought mine recently I knew very little of these "wacky" trucks except it made my eyes pop out. I've always have loved the retro style and this silly truck had that and more! Still, it's an affirmation of how special & unique this "retro Yankee wrapped in concept-car spandex” continues to be and the infinite priceless enjoyment it brings.

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
So they are saying if I'd put mine away and only put a couple thousand miles on it I might be able to sell it for what I paid or a little more.

Miss the miles of smiles? Screw that! I bought it because that's what I wanted to drive, all the time, every damn day. I'm not a collector, I'm a driver.
DOUBLE "You like this" :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

·
Premium Member
9,355 Posts
Overall, it's a pretty good article. No doubt values on low mileage trucks are climbing. I've always though the 6 speeds would be worth significantly more than automatics, especially with such low build numbers.

The only obvious flaw in the article was the statement about 5 model years.

·
Premium Member
2003 Chevy SSR
1,439 Posts
I wondered about the "five model years" too. Late '03 to '06 might be closer to three.

Overall, it's a pretty good article. No doubt values on low mileage trucks are climbing. I've always though the 6 speeds would be worth significantly more than automatics, especially with such low build numbers.

The only obvious flaw in the article was the statement about 5 model years.

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,773 Posts
I sent a reply and stated only a small part of what I think of being an owner.

It seems that the only people that have a negative opinion about the SSR are those that have never driven or or owned one! The writer of an article like this should interview a few owners before writing that "they" think.. I bought my 2006 new, I'm not 68, you do the math. And yes the vast majority of owners are 40 years and older. I and quite a few HUNDRED of other owners LOVE the SSR! We have an internet group that hold rallies across the US & Canada and have since 2003. I hosted one in Savannah last year that had 115 trucks attend from the US & Canada. There have been countless rallies over the years that have had over 100 attend. Yes, Chevy did not make the SSR perfect but those that own one have gotten together and made improvements and shared with all the other owners. These owners are not a "car club" they are a FAMILY OF OWNERS! These Family members drive hundreds and even Thousands of miles for a 3 or 4 day rally to visit other members and show off the "improvements" they have made to there babies. Some mild, some radical. We are FANATICS about the SSR! We can be anywhere in the country and if anyone of us should break down or have a problem, 1 or 2 phone calls, someone will either have the answer to correct the problem or be there to help. If an owner should total his truck 9 times out of 10 he/she will buy another one. God help anyone that should stop one of us and ask about our truck! They better have time to listen to all the GREAT things we have to say about them. All SSR owners have a "permagrin" everytime they get behind the wheel with either the tip up or going topless! SSRFANATIC.COM

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,589 Posts
All in all it is a good article, and I agree you have to drive one to understand what they are all about !!!!!!!:grin2:
My SSR is not for sale but I don't understand the reasoning in hoping the value goes down ??????? :skep:skep

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,773 Posts
That is because they secretly WANT one but can't afford one and want the price to go down so they can.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,464 Posts
That is because they secretly WANT one but can't afford one and want the price to go down so they can.
There were a couple who responded that they would get one if the price went down but they forgot to say it was so they could sell it WHEN the price went up!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm 70, got my license in 65, then manufacturers made vehicles that looked very different from one another. You grew up as a Chevy guy or a Ford guy or a Mopar guy. I had good friends who were very loyal to their chosen brand and when we got together we drove each other to improve our rides. Today I find that it's difficult to tell a Chevy from a Ford from a Toyota from a Mazda. I love the fact that my "R" is unmistakable and because I've always been a Chevy guy it fits my loyalty. Almost every time I go for a burn I invariably find myself explaining to people what I find special about it. Most don't realize how performance oriented my 2006 stick is. Even my long time friends were shocked when I took them for a ride and power shifted second and third gear rubber. I still enjoy having a vehicle that is unique and I can personalize in a way that you really can't with a current day cookie cutter. It's amazing to me how many folks stop and ask what it is, I think it may be more interesting these days than it was a dozen years ago. Aside from some exotic I don't think there's a vehicle out there that's less seen or more unique. I couldn't car less what it's resale value is, I'm thrilled every time I see it and every time i drive it. IT'S KEEPING ME YOUNG.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts