Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Nice to be back as a member. Just rebuilt over past 10 months a low mileage 2006 6speed SSR. Made her my own. Sent first to Callaway in Ct who installed a new version of its supercharger (550hp, had to move upper part of firewall back slightly to fit), then with Ai Design, a great local shop, changed/upgraded suspension, brakes, exhaust, wheels, tires, paint color (now Nardo Grey), airbrushed sides, new interior and spare in bed. Had a 2006 in 2006 but motor failed twice within first 2,500 miles and had to sue GM under Lemon Law to get my money back. Wanted another ever since and finally pulled the trigger. At 73 great fun and easier to get in and out of than Corvette I just sold. If someone could kindly let this old computer illiterate senior citizen know in simple instructions how to pass along pictures, I would be pleased to share.
Look forward to hearing about everyone's vehicles and always open to your advice on issues that arise.

1. Callaway #5 - 1GCES14HX6B122920.jpg 4. #22920 Interior.jpg 6. #22920 custom Wheel and gauges.jpg 8. #22920 VYJ Navi LED.jpg 10. Calloway mods - #22920.jpg

Added pictures for Pugpride - Cash
I added more into Post #9
Thanks xoxoxobruce for re-sizing them

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Edited...the Lifetime Supporting Member badge wasn't up when I made my comments.

Welcome (back). Looking forward to seeing pics of your R.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
welcome

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts
I would appreciate knowing which MY 2006 you have (last 4 of VIN) - please let me know

Cash (Dale)
[email protected]

Does Callaway consider your SSR as 1 of 5 they have built?
One of the reasons I have concerns about "numbers of" for value and rarity purposes is to date there were considered to be 4 Callaway SSR's

·
Registered
95 Posts
Can't wait to see the pictures. I have the same problem with the pictures. Just remember, we didn't have electronics when we were young.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
As posted elsewhere I've tried to post pictures but doing something wrong. If someone sends me text I'll text back pictures for them to post. My number is 917-882-9882 Last four of vin are 2920. Have no idea about Callaway's thoughts on inclusion or not...never asked.
Thanks to all for welcoming me back...most appreciated.

5. #22920 Diamond Seats .jpg 7. #22920 Custom Pedals.jpg 2. #22920 Calloway SC.jpg 3. #22920 M10 VYJ.jpg 11. Callaway emblem - TVS2300.jpg

Added more pictures for Pugpride - Cash
Thanks xoxoxobruce for resizing them :yesnod

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just posted pictures of Nadine in my garage. Picture of supercharger on bench went tru but installed picture did not, told too large.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,898 Posts
Welcome back from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,224 Posts
Just posted pictures of Nadine in my garage. Picture of supercharger on bench went tru but installed picture did not, told too large.
HA! It took me 2 years to figure out how to post pictures ON THIS SITE!!!! Finally called a member who offered to help. After an HOUR on the phone I can do it most of the time!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Nick

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Nice to be back as a member. Just rebuilt over past 10 months a low mileage 2006 6speed SSR. Made her my own. Sent first to Callaway in Ct who installed a new version of its supercharger (550hp, had to move upper part of firewall back slightly to fit), then with Ai Design, a great local shop, changed/upgraded suspension, brakes, exhaust, wheels, tires, paint color (now Nardo Grey), airbrushed sides, new interior and spare in bed. Had a 2006 in 2006 but motor failed twice within first 2,500 miles and had to sue GM under Lemon Law to get my money back. Wanted another ever since and finally pulled the trigger. At 73 great fun and easier to get in and out of than Corvette I just sold. If someone could kindly let this old computer illiterate senior citizen know in simple instructions how to pass along pictures, I would be pleased to share.
Look forward to hearing about everyone's vehicles and always open to your advice on issues that arise.
Contrary to many other sites I have been a part of, this one seems to fairlly (limit) picture sizes. At no other site have I had a problem downloading a pic from my smart phone.

No so here..............In stead of opting for (original) size, when I upload a smart phone pic to my own email, that does NOT work here. I had to opt for the 75% option to get it to go without some jerking around exercise to downsize my pic.:frown2:

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hear ya. I'll try to remember that when taking photos that I might share on this site. Good to know. Thanks.

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
People email me pictures off their phones all the time. Most often they might look cool on their little phone screen but they come to me 34 to 44 inches wide... over a damn yard... and 3 to 5 megabits.
This site is more than generous with the size they allow, there's no reason an 8x10 picture should be over 1 or 2 hundred kb.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Many thanks to Cash and Bruce for help in posting pictures. You meet the nicest and most helpful folks here...much appreciated.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts