Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me? There seems to be a quite a few new members joining in the past month or so. I think it is GREAT!! As far as the $$$ value of our SSRs, who gives a rats a***!

I am not one to start a lot of threads but I am at home recovering from hip replacement surgery so have a little more extra time on my hands....lol. If anyone is out there holding off for any reason just do it. Recovering is easy peasy if you follow the exercise program and you don't do the don'ts. I imagine it could be a financial burden to some of you south of the border and that is really sad/too bad.

Have great day cruzin where ever you are....top down permagrin...

:sunce:

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
Tory, best wishes for a quick and painless recovery. We look forward to seeing you back down in the Desert later on. Take care....

·
Super Moderator
13,988 Posts
Hey Tory
Thanks a lot for the closeup pic of your surgery - I'm just now getting back into a regular sleep pattern
I guess the video version isn't out yet? HaHa!

Glad you are doing fine - maybe catch you at a show this summer

·
Registered
47 Posts
Fast recovery.....my wife just had her left hip replaced on Feb.14th. PT is going great. She’ll be up and about in know time. And yes I’m a new member and I enjoy this site

·
Daily Driver
8,949 Posts
Did a knee on Black Friday and so happy I did. Doing the other one in April. The doctors and therapists know what they're saying just listen and heed.:thumbs

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
SO many getting this done. knees and hips. I hope to go out the way I came in with all my original parts. One never knows..........

Bird

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,613 Posts
Glad to see you on the site Buddy! Will miss you at Laughlin! If you need your truck exercised, you know who to call!

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Talk about hip surgery....my wife Marsha had hip replaced in 1985 and has danced ballet 4 days every week since then. But then she is remarkable.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks

Tory, best wishes for a quick and painless recovery. We look forward to seeing you back down in the Desert later on. Take care....
Thanks Fuji....will miss seeing all you guys at Laughlin....give my best to mumma bear....

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad to see you on the site Buddy! Will miss you at Laughlin! If you need your truck exercised, you know who to call!
Go for it, yah! Bricky likes to fool around on me. She is in storage unit #391 and the keys are at my cousin Jeff's in Palm Desert!

:banana

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Tory
Thanks a lot for the closeup pic of your surgery - I'm just now getting back into a regular sleep pattern
I guess the video version isn't out yet? HaHa!

Glad you are doing fine - maybe catch you at a show this summer
True story....you live approx 500KMs from me with not one street/stop light/sign between us....
Come visit....that red head needs her legs stretched....

:leaving

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,783 Posts
Sounds like you are doing great after your surgery, wishing you a full and speedy back to normal .

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The recovery has been amazing, way better than I expected. Hips are easier than knees however so I am told. I had the surgery Feb 15th, was off all painkillers two weeks later, except for headaches I am getting for some reason. Just dealing with some swelling after I am up and about for a few hours. I am still using the walker later in the day when my foot/lower leg gets swollen otherwise on crutches around the house and out in the garage.

That's why I say if you are scared of the recovery, don't let it worry you or hold you back.

The biggest hold up is that you can not bend past 90 degrees for 3 months to prevent dislocation of the new upper joint until it heals/grows in. This prevents me from driving for another 2 months which kinda sucks....because of my height I need to bend myself into every vehicle I drive....

·
Premium Member
9,359 Posts
Talk about hip surgery....my wife Marsha had hip replaced in 1985 and has danced ballet 4 days every week since then. But then she is remarkable.
I'd pay good money to see Tory in a tutu doing pirouettes on his tippy toes.>:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts