Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
T'was the night before Christmas and all through the town,
no noses were frozen and no snow fluttered down.
No children in flannel were tucked into bed.
They all wore shorty pajamas instead.

To find wreathes of holly T'was not very hard,
for holly bushes grew in every front yard.
In front of the houses the Dad's and the Mom's
were adorning the Holly bushes and Coconut Palms.

The sleeping kiddies were dreaming with glee
Hopping to find outdoor toys under their tree.
They all knew that Santa was well on his way.
In a Super Sport Roadster instead of a sleigh.

Quite soon he arrived and started his work.
He bounded from the SSR as he had not a second to shirk.
He whizzed up each driveway and zoomed up each road
In that Bright Red SSR delivering his loads.

The tropical moon gave the city a glow.
and lighted the way for Santa's Chevy below.
When Santa jumped from the truck I had to give a chuckle..
He was dressed in Bermuda shorts with an Ivy League buckle.

There were not any chimneys but it caused us no gloom.
Because of the sliding glass doors in each florida-room.
He stopped at each house -- staying only a minute
emptying his sack of the present that were in it.

Before he departed he refreshed himself
with some Florida Orange Juice left on the shelf
Then he turned with a jerk and bounded to the SSR!
remembering he still had to go very far.

He shifted the gears and stepped on the gas
and up I-75 he went like a flash.
And I heard him exclaim as he drove fast away.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, I sure wish I could Stay !!

To The SSR Forum Family and the Florida Members

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Layne12gun

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Great poetry Layne12gun. :smile2: Did you put it all together yourself ??? If you did, hang a Blue Ribbon on Fireplace mantle for your creativeness !!!

Hey SSRfanatics PLEASE don't use "xmas" for CHRISTMAS, :frown2: it looks so cheap and meaningless. Thanks a 1,000,000. :smile2: tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great poetry Layne12gun. :smile2: Did you put it all together yourself ??? If you did, hang a Blue Ribbon on Fireplace mantle for your creativeness !!!

Hey SSRfanatics PLEASE don't use "xmas" for CHRISTMAS, :frown2: it looks so cheap and meaningless. Thanks a 1,000,000. :smile2: tennesseecozydog :ssr
I actually wrote the poem originally in 1978 after I moved from Illinois to Florida. The first year / Christmas of no snow no snow tires. Yes its my work. i just modified it this year for the forum members.

Merry Christmas

Layne12gun

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Hey SSRfanatics PLEASE don't use "xmas" for CHRISTMAS, :frown2: it looks so cheap and meaningless. Thanks a 1,000,000. :smile2: tennesseecozydog :ssr[/QUOTE]

Hey Cozydog sorry I didn't check with the PC board when i made my post about the poem next time I better check with YOU before I make a post.
Is there anything out there you don't have a nasty comment to make about something or to someone.
To all you fanatics out there Merry Christmas and to you Tennessee Scourge you have a Merry XMAS too. Try getting up on the right side of the bed someday and put a :smile2: on your face instead of being :frown2: all the time.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Cozydog sorry I didn't check with the PC board when i made my post about the poem next time I better check with YOU before I make a post.
Is there anything out there you don't have a nasty comment to make about something or to someone.
To all you fanatics out there Merry Christmas and to you Tennessee Scourge you have a Merry XMAS too. Try getting up on the right side of the bed someday and put a :smile2: on your face instead of being :frown2: all the time.[/QUOTE]

Gee I wrote this poem to make everybody happy. Did not want to stir up and Scrooges here. Peace on Earth Good Will to Men. is the Christmas spirit ..

Layne12gun

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
To all you fanatics out there Merry Christmas and to you Tennessee Scourge you have a Merry XMAS too. Try getting up on the right side of the bed someday and put a :smile2: on your face instead of being :frown2: all the time.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with PurpleHaze here. Opinions are like Azzholes everybody's got one but I don't necessarily need or want to see yours. The lesson is think twice, type once or better yet... not at all.
Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas TCD!
And yes I know I need to heed my own advice. >:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts