Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating starting a nitrogen filling service for tires. It has been spoken about on previous threads.
I am in Central Texas. Is there an interest in this service? I need to justify the investment.
I would probably charge $10-12 a tire.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
what about just renting a tank from your local supplier? You don't have to have a business and you rent the tank, they come when it is empty and exchange it for a full one? Would that be cheaper? Easier? Etc?

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tank easy part

The tank and regulator are the easy part, it is the evacuation and refilling system that is pricey.
I have a working relationship with my current business with a gas service for O2 on a weekly basis, nitrogen would be no problem, I even have spare tanks that are portable. I would love to find someone else in the area that provides this service so I would not have to deal with it, but so far no luck. If there is not an interest on the forum, then so be it (bayourunner), I'll just move on and deal with it alone.
I was just trying to get a concensus on interest to see if it was worth my effort.
Thanks for your reply wildcat.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

Try wall mart ... some are suppose to have this survice.

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
REBEL said:
Try wall mart ... some are suppose to have this survice.
Not down south, they view it as being a service only those in colder climates would need, does it ever get cold in Ontario???:) :)
thanks anyway Rebel....

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well then, enjoy the other 11 months, Hey?

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
local...maybe

OK Central Texas, I have found a nitrogen supplier in central Texas and they are contemplating beginning a filling service. They have asked me for information on acquiring the inflators, which I have provided, if they do not start it, they are going to provide me with everything but the inflator, which I can easily get, this will bring the service cost down somewhat so anyone that wants to convert to nitrogen should be able to.

I'll keep you updated, send me a PM if you are interested.

Initial cost at this time to do a FULL evacuation of air and refill with notrogen will be $10 per tire, refills of nitrogen to cap off will be priced per pound with a flat service charge of around $10.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts