Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 5.3 motor
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok just got my SSR back from paint and other work that was done by a dealer. First it was the roof and then the BCM, both of which cost a fortune. Once I got it back the mirrors don't work, nor does the cigarette lighter. Any ideas would be appreciated. I'll post pictures later

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,363 Posts
I would give it back to the dealer and say. The mirrors and Cigar lighter worked when i gave it to you. tThey should work when you give it back. Fix at dealer expense.

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
4,393 Posts
I totally agree with you and @BlueStreak .
The side view mirrors are not tied into any computer module and for an 03 or 04 are fed from fuse #10 in rear fuse box. This same fuse feds driver door unlock relay, so if driver door lock works properly, ITS NOT THE FUSE, there are other issues.

The cigar lighter (in ashtray) for 03 and 04 is fed from #28 underhood fuse box. This is also the power feed used to power up scan tools at the Diagnostic Link Connector (DLC). So if a scan tool will power up there are additional issues.

I have not looked at diagrams to see if same grounds. But as stated, it worked before, it should work now.

I hope you were not forced to foot the bill for the RDM and the BCM.

If yes, do you have the old ones.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,363 Posts
I totally agree with you and @BlueStreak .
The side view mirrors are not tied into any computer module and for an 03 or 04 are fed from fuse #10 in rear fuse box. This same fuse feds driver door unlock relay, so if driver door lock works properly, ITS NOT THE FUSE, there are other issues.

The cigar lighter (in ashtray) for 03 and 04 is fed from #28 underhood fuse box. This is also the power feed used to power up scan tools at the Diagnostic Link Connector (DLC). So if a scan tool will power up there are additional issues.

I have not looked at diagrams to see if same grounds. But as stated, it worked before, it should work now.

I hope you were not forced to foot the bill for the RDM and the BCM.

If yes, do you have the old ones.
I learned a long time ago that I ask for my old parts in most case. If they are really bad I can junk them and if they have some value they go on the shelf "just in case."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts