Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a comment about beaded seat covers a while back. Unfortunately, the post didn't get a very positive response. However, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on them. I figured for $26, it was worth it to give them a try. Well, here's a pic for ya'all. Hate 'em or love 'em, they do the trick! Had to modify some mounting to secure them. No more sweaty butt or scalded thighs with the top down on a hot sunny day. I'll take cover now for the incoming rants about how ugly they are...:laugh:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
I posted a comment about beaded seat covers a while back. Unfortunately, the post didn't get a very positive response. However, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on them. I figured for $26, it was worth it to give them a try. Well, here's a pic for ya'all. Hate 'em or love 'em, they do the trick! Had to modify some mounting to secure them. No more sweaty butt or scalded thighs with the top down on a hot sunny day. I'll take cover now for the incoming rants about how ugly they are...:laugh:

Did you serve in the Navy ?

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
came after the old "waffle butt" cushions the CHP used to use before air conditioning. Mostly in the Central Valley. Western Auto carried them, too.

·
Lost In The 50's
1,158 Posts
Lookin' Good!!!

I think they look just fine. I've used them in the past and liked them. Does the job!!!!:seeya

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Seat Covers look fine, Wizzr!

. . . but what does your Butt look like after a long trip?

! :surprise: ! :glol ! :surprise: ! :glol ! :surprise: !
Well, umm.... whada you think! :surprise: Guess it's the price I pay to stay cool! :grin2:

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,630 Posts
As long as you're HAPPY that's all that counts!!!

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Interesting question. The answer is no. Why do you ask?

Have a friend that served 8 years in the Navy....he spent a lot of time in the air, water and sand..he had rash problem in certain area of his body.High tech Under Armour under wear helped him.

vp

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
The Seat Covers look fine, Wizzr!

. . . but what does your Butt look like after a long trip?

! :surprise: ! :glol ! :surprise: ! :glol ! :surprise: !
Wadda ya gonna Do? Play "Connect the Dots" ???? :surprise:

Reactions: DOOPHUS

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have a friend that served 8 years in the Navy....he spent a lot of time in the air, water and sand..he had rash problem in certain area of his body.High tech Under Armour under wear helped him.

vp
A rash in certain areas of the body sure doesn't sound good to me! I'm thankful to say there's no rashes here!!

·
LKMURKY
449 Posts
Wiz:
They Look nice, but I hope to God nobody here ever asks questions about ANYONE's sweaty butt again.

I don't have any real problem with the seats other than the flat place we have to sit for hours.

I've been a nurse for 40 years and have never seen anatomy shaped like an SSR seat.
Guess they put all the curves in the exterior design.

Wish someone would come up with a solution for the left side of the Driver's seat showing all the wear of the vehicle, no matter how carefully you get in and out.
LKMURKY
Blurry 06

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
That's easy, don't open the door, just jump in like Batman and you won't compress that left cushion.

But that brings to mind a question, why do you want a truck that looks like it's never been used? I'd find that embarrassing.

Hey man, nice ride!
I don't know I just keep it on the mantle. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,014 Posts
Years ago I had a company car (Taurus) that had the most uncomfortable seat I ever sat in for any length of time. I was in sales and had a lot of windshield time.
I found an orthopedic gel cushion at WalMart that was amazing. These are used for wheel chairs. No more sciatic pain, no more hot sweaty seat. I bought another and cut it up to fit my Goldwing making Long rides very pleasurable. No, I don't have one in my SSR because the SSR seat fits me just fine and I find them very comfortable for my skinny butt.

Don't know if WalMart still has them but get one on amazon and try it out. The black mesh cover makes it livable too.

Greg

Attachments

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,559 Posts
Now wait a minute......

Why is everyone "cracking" :)grin2:) on butt-sweat!?!!?

BUTT SWEAT......not always a bad thing.........

2018-04-16-13-32-16--377403345.jpeg <<<<<!!!!>>>>> 2018-04-16-13-32-37-2145936317.jpeg

>:) >:) >:)

==================
David :black:
images-7.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Had the same for my Goldwing. Worked good on long hot trips.:laugh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts